Weird Wire Clip In Intake

aarman4

Hey guys, I have some of my intake off today, and I am interested in a piece I have. The plastic part that enlarges on the dirty air side of the air-filter is what I am talking about here. inside of it, there is a large wire clip. it is ovaled and clips in on both sides of the narrow portion of the piece. I will try to get a picture of it for you guys soon, unless you know what I am talking about. The only thing I can possibly conceive is that it might keep the filter from falling forward during braking.... Let me know and I will try to get a picture for you all!

Wow.....wierd! just like the weight on 2nd gens! hahaha. You know what I still have the stock intake to my 91 in my garage! Maybe I'll go take a look at it sometime today.

That'd be awesome jcrome, see if I am missing something here... what do you have still with your stock intake and are you keeping it all?(trying not to hijack my own thread, lol...)

I've got the whole front section (from the MAF up) Just what I had to take off to get the RMM intake on there. My internet is being really !Removed! right now (at work, leeching off someone's wireless! hahah) So I'll try to post a pic of my old LSs engine bay so you can see whats off..or maybe I'll try and get some pics of the intake stuff I have...

I also believe I have red/clear taillights.. 2 end mufflers.. orange bumper lights.. stock grill w/ emblem.. maybe some other things.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I figured the clip out!

It is the funniest shaped thing for the job, but that intake plenum piece is actually2-pieces, and the 2 ends of that clip go through some holes, one on each end. it holds the circular portion to the small rectangular shaped intake attachment.

I figured the clip out!

It is the funniest shaped thing for the job, but that intake plenum piece is actually2-pieces, and the 2 ends of that clip go through some holes, one on each end. it holds the circular portion to the small rectangular shaped intake attachment.

Nice reverse engineering aarman. I've seen it and wondered about it myself but not long enough to figure it out. :cheers: