Gs350 Awd Brakes

MY FRONT ROTOR WEAR HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY A DEALERSHIP

THAT SAYS LEXUS CHANGED FRONT ROTOR MATERIAL COMPOSITION

IN EARLY 2007 TO STOP SQUEAL AND BLACK DUSTING PROBLEMS..

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE NAME OF A PREMIUM AFTERMARKET

ROTOR MANUFACTURER SO I CAN GET THE GOOD HARD ONES THAT

LAST AND SQUEAK..?????????

Lexus didnt change the rotor material, they change the pad material. The 07 GS came with a high friction pad that has a short life and produce a lot of brake dust. There is a TSB from Lexus to address the brake dust problem that involves changing the front pads to metallic pads to reduce brake dust. Since the metallic pads are harder, they may cause more squeaking. Brembo makes a very good rotor and has a londer life than OEM.

• 7 months later...
Lexus didnt change the rotor material, they change the pad material. The 07 GS came with a high friction pad that has a short life and produce a lot of brake dust. There is a TSB from Lexus to address the brake dust problem that involves changing the front pads to metallic pads to reduce brake dust. Since the metallic pads are harder, they may cause more squeaking. Brembo makes a very good rotor and has a londer life than OEM.

I had my brake pads replaced about a year and a half ago for dust problerm by Arlington Lexus in Palatine, IL. No more dust since then but my brakes got progressively louder, they sqeak like crazy when cold but the squeaking goes away once the brakes warm up. I am planning to take the car in again to have the brakes checked out.