Temp & Clock Display

dtsgy

I have a 94 LS400, the temp and clock display has faded to nothing. I have read this is a common problem, however all the discussion are rather dated. Does anyone have a solution that may resolve this outside of the dealers $300.00 or perhaps some suggestions as to where to send this to be repaired?

I am also confronting bad speakers to the passangers back right door and woofer. Suggestions? The system seems to be fine. At times a weak sound comes from the sub woofer. Thinking the speaker is bad. would anyone know how to trouble shoot this to rule out or rule in simply bad speakers?

I have a 94 LS400, the temp and clock display has faded to nothing. I have read this is a common problem, however all the discussion are rather dated. Does anyone have a solution that may resolve this outside of the dealers $300.00 or perhaps some suggestions as to where to send this to be repaired?

I am also confronting bad speakers to the passangers back right door and woofer. Suggestions? The system seems to be fine. At times a weak sound comes from the sub woofer. Thinking the speaker is bad. would anyone know how to trouble shoot this to rule out or rule in simply bad speakers?

YOU CAN HAVE THE UNIT REPLACED HERE:

This link will tell you where to send your unit for replacement...it will cost you about $295 and you have to send the unit to them:

http://www.cureline.net/lex/howtos/info_lcdrepair.htm

THIS FOLLOWING link will take you to a ebay auction where....you will have the option of having a rebuilt unit sent to you and then you have to send your "old" unit to them. (You will have to pay a $100 deposit which will be refunded when they get your unit) or you can send your unit to them and wait til' they fix it and send it back to you. I USED THIS SITE AND MY UNIT WORKS PERFECTLY!! I used option #1 payed the deposit and then got it back with no problems! This way I always had a unit in my car. At the end..the unit ends up costing you like $150 or something like that. THIS LINK WILL ONLY WORK FOR THE NEXT 5 DAYS!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-LS400...sspagenameZWDVW

I HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU WITH YOUR PROBLEM!! --MARLON

PLEASE COME BACK AND LET THE FORUM KNOW WHAT YOU DECIDE TO DO AND HOW IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU!

As for the speakers problems....I had to replace the exact same speaker you are talking about in my 90LS400. The door speaker I bought on e-bay for $20 and it still works (in my case the "SPEAKER" was defective). As for the Subwoofer...they often go bad...mostly due to sun ovexposure. Mine looked really really really bad...it was the edges were ripped and inside was very old looking and cracked. As far as I know from what I have read that is most common cause for the subwoofer to go bad. I replaced mine and it works great.....here is a link to help you replace your stock speaker...should you choose to do so.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/audio/subwoofer.html

I hope this links can help!!!