Can You Tell Me Everything I Need For A Tune Up?

I have a 95 SC400 with 91,000 miles. Can someone tell me if I have a distributor or not? Also, what all do I need for a tune up? I know I need spark plugs and a fuel filter. I've already changed the air filter element a few thousand miles back. I keep my oil changed regularly and use Mobil synthetic 10W-30.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Jamie

You have 2 distributors on your SC400. What you will need depends on wether or not the full and proper 80,000 mile maintenance was done. If so, then you don't need much. I'd recommend new plugs, inspection of wires, dist. rotor and cap, oil change, air filter change, you could do the fuel filter, tranny fluid and diff service - inspection of belts, alignment, suspension, tires and anything else you want to check.

Thank you for that information. I went ahead and made an appt with the Lexus dealer here in Louisville to get everything done. I'm lucky to know people in this business so I can get the needed parts for wholesale and a discount on the labor. Otherwise, it'd probably be well over $1,000.

post-3-1069880591.jpg

So, you're in the Bluegrass eh? Small world. I was quoted 600$ for the 80,000mile tune up by a dealer out of Cincy. How much exactly are you being charged and what parts are you getting. It should not be anywhere over 300$ or so for everything. Unless you are going above and beyond.