Squeaky Drivers Door Seal '04

sourmash

I need some input on a squeaky drivers door seal and any insite on how to fix it.

The problem:

When driving down the road the drivers door seal at the top of the door near my left ear squeaks like two pieces of plastic or rubber rubbing together. It's not terribly loud, but after driving for an hour or so with this in my ear...its enough to drive me crazy. I can stop the noise by putting my finger between the seal and the body of the car, but it's not very comfortable to constantly have to squeeze my fingers in there. It almost seems like something sticky somehow got inside the hollow portion of the rubber seal.

Potential solutions that didn't work;

1. I asked my local dealership to fix it (certified pre-owned still under warranty) and they decided the noise was coming from the seat...even after I explained that I was sure it was the door seal. They kept my car for 2 weeks, took the drivers seat out, claimed they found the problem, then put the seat back in. I go to pick it up and the drivers seat wasn't installed properly and was actually loose in its track. A few days later I go back to pick it up after they fix that problem and leaving the parking lot the noise is still there. I gave up at that point.

2. I've tried to lube the seal between the door and the body with vaseline, but that didn't help at all either.

Does anyone else have this problem??? and if so how did you fix it.