Help - Es300 Stalling

I initially posted several weeks ago with a problem with what our mechanic said was the Mass Air Flow Sensor on my 94 ES 300. That was not the problem. After 3 weeks we had it towed to Toyota/Lexus and they could not find anything wrong with the car although we explained what it has been doing. Car died on me when stopped at a light and when I tried to restart - when I would accellerate the gas the car would spurt and die. We brought the car home from Toyota and now it's doing the same thing and I am afraid to drive it for fear it will break down on me again. We are going to have it towed back in but any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks Lori :whistles:

• 1 month later...
I initially posted several weeks ago with a problem with what our mechanic said was the Mass Air Flow Sensor on my 94 ES 300. That was not the problem. After 3 weeks we had it towed to Toyota/Lexus and they could not find anything wrong with the car although we explained what it has been doing. Car died on me when stopped at a light and when I tried to restart - when I would accellerate the gas the car would spurt and die. We brought the car home from Toyota and now it's doing the same thing and I am afraid to drive it for fear it will break down on me again. We are going to have it towed back in but any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks Lori :whistles:

Check the coolant level. I had the same problem except my mechanic told me he couldn't find anything wrong but the coolant level was very low. I was experiencing the problem for a few monthes and then it got really bad in the last 2 weeks, intermitantly not starting even though it sounded like it was about to. Good luck, hope this solves your problem as well as mine. Only cost me $16 for coolant.

Eric

Could be a number of things......when was the last time the car had a full major tune up? Also possible that there is carbon build up in the throttle body. Did the car throw any codes (IE check engine light etc)?

:cheers: