How Do U Get The Best Out Of The Auto Tranny When Racing?

Jesus954

Well im in that verge on racing once in a while with friends or random people in the road but i think im doing it all wrong. 1st ill state what i have IS300 2001 e-shift. What i have been doing this whole time is before the race starts on a role press the ECTPWR button on and than give hell to the gas it works ok when racing another automatic car but when i race people with manual trany i dont get that quick push as soon as my gas pedal hits like them, i know its because they can lower their rpm and that would give them the edge. One time i tried using e-shift but it messes up if at 3 gear n i want to lower the gear to 2 the car doesnt kick in as fast as it should think of it as a LAG....any tips?

Side question: is ECTPWR button even useful?

hehehe, Jesus bro, what's up?

Well, let's keep in mind that the IS 300 is first a luxury car, and a sports car second. So, the primary function of the tranny is to shift smooth. So the clutch packs and sprags are designed to slip to allow smooth transititions thru the gears. If you upgrade the clutch packs and sprags, among a few other things, say bye-bye to that smooth shifting tranny. The second thing to remember is that the 2JZGE motor, while it produces great torque, and a descent amount of hp, by the time the motor reached about 4000 rpm, it's evident that it's out of breathe. I would try to let the car shift at 4000- 4500 rpm as opposed to letting it uselessly go all the way to 6000.

The launch out of the hole is more about the torque converter than the tranny. And the stall speed is like 1700 RPM. So the motor doesn't have any time to build hp to help launch it out of the hole. It's only due the torque the motor makes that the IS 300 takes off as well as it does. Wanna launch better? Get a higher stall speed tc.

If you wanna be able to go fast, you have to put the go fast stuff on the car. It's a platform engine. It's a perfect motor for building into a monster if you want, or like a wife, ( Just scares all your friends.)

Otherwise, you just have to reside yourself to the fact that the IS300, isn't all that fast in stock trim.

Yeah i just cant face it lol i dont want to admit the is300 stock is slowish =(, since the engine is well known people tend to give alot of credit and once u try to race someone and it isnt as fast as some thought makes me feel like crap lol. The only mod i see worth putting first besides turbo...would be the srt intake which is suppose to give 25-30hp gains but i dont think that alone can make much of a diff =\

Yeah i just cant face it lol i dont want to admit the is300 stock is slowish =(, since the engine is well known people tend to give alot of credit and once u try to race someone and it isnt as fast as some thought makes me feel like crap lol. The only mod i see worth putting first besides turbo...would be the srt intake which is suppose to give 25-30hp gains but i dont think that alone can make much of a diff =\

Yeah, it won't. We talked about this before. Modifying isn't about any one or two mods. It's stacking them together and getting them to work together in order to achieve that custom look, or real difference in hp. Even a turbo by itself isn't good. You have to add the intercooler, Wideband, boost controller, boost gauge, and so on. So, I think you keep looking at the whole marathon, instead of just the next step. A couple hundred bucks here, a good deal there, a few hundred after that, and the next thing you know, -------------------------------------> or over here going faster! :) , and lookin good doin it!! B)

Yeah, it won't. We talked about this before. Modifying isn't about any one or two mods. It's stacking them together and getting them to work together in order to achieve that custom look, or real difference in hp. Even a turbo by itself isn't good. You have to add the intercooler, Wideband, boost controller, boost gauge, and so on. So, I think you keep looking at the whole marathon, instead of just the next step. A couple hundred bucks here, a good deal there, a few hundred after that, and the next thing you know, -------------------------------------> or over here going faster! :) , and lookin good doin it!! B)

Yeah thats true thanks for the help GUYS!