Finally Bought A Lexus Ls430. Did I Do Ok?

superxjeff

Well, I finally made a buying decision. I got a 2001 LS430 with the sport package. It has 112,000 miles and as near as I can tell every option except the air stability suspension. The car was purchased for 16,000 and it has all records back to the first service. I drove it home almost 600 miles and it drove like a dream.I bought it from Lexus of Reno and it passed their service check with flying colors. According to them ( I have heard other dealers say it as well) they don't really market cars over 100,000 miles unless they are super clean. Anyway, My wife is happy and my car search is finally over. Now I am an owner instead of as looker. The car is sort of an off white called Midnight mica pear white or some such non-sense. It is a very nice color. Let me know what you think of the deal and don't hold back. Jeff

You did fine, Jeff. Welcome to the Lexus club. When I bought my LS400 earlier this year I was told that I would be

nothing but impressed with her. You know, its true. I still pinch myself when I get into that car just to make sure I am

not dreaming. It just starts, runs, drives sooooooo nice that I feel like royalty

behind the wheel. I actually feel sorry (kinda) for the other poor slobs on the road that are not driving a Lexus!

You will be constantly impressed with the performance and years of bliss ahead. Congrats.

I have been looking for reasons to go places all day today! My daughter says that she " feels like a princess" when she rides in it. The heated back seats give her something to control herself and at 7 years old it's a big thrill for her. Hell it's a big thrill for me to play with my own heated front seat!! This car has so many gadgets and gizmoes that I spent all last night reading the owners manual. The smooth way the car accelarates is really something to behold. I looked down and I was going way to fast!! I don't have a clue how to post a picture or I would. I am not the most computer savy guy around. Jeff

I don't have a clue how to post a picture or I would. I am not the most computer savy guy around. Jeff

Ok, first you have to take a digital picture <_< . The file should be a jpeg with a .jpg extension. Do a reply on this thread and you will see an

"Attachments" section. Click on the "browse..." button and browse to your picture file. Then click on the "UPLOAD" button. When that is done,

click "Add Reply". Simple, no?

If you could, please post a picture of the exterior and interior. Just a couple of pics will be fine. Tnx.

I have been looking for reasons to go places all day today! My daughter says that she " feels like a princess" when she rides in it. The heated back seats give her something to control herself and at 7 years old it's a big thrill for her. Hell it's a big thrill for me to play with my own heated front seat!! This car has so many gadgets and gizmoes that I spent all last night reading the owners manual. The smooth way the car accelarates is really something to behold. I looked down and I was going way to fast!! I don't have a clue how to post a picture or I would. I am not the most computer savy guy around. Jeff

post-54157-1198206977_thumb.jpg

Nice looking car Jeff. Congratulations!

As for that "looking for excuses to drive" syndrome, don't look for it to wear off soon. Wait until you get a chance for an extended road trip in your car; you'll be looking for excuses to travel long distances. Long distance driving in these cars is like piloting a jet airplane.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello:

I would try to avoid a 2001 since it had some minor problems also a first year of that generation, but in your case I would had bought it just like you did since it passed the inspection and the car looks just so nice. I imagine the TSB's for the year model had been already complied with. Congrats

CPR