Homelink Garage Opener

Berryhead

I am having trouble programming the Homelink system in my RX300 (just acquired). I have followed the user manual instructions but it still doesn't work. I tried both the single code asnd the rolling code instructions. The garage door opener is new and I assume that it is rolling code. My dad just got a 2002 model and can't get his programmed either. Is there a magic answer we're missing?

I am having trouble programming the Homelink system in my RX300 (just acquired). I have followed the user manual instructions but it still doesn't work. I tried both the single code asnd the rolling code instructions. The garage door opener is new and I assume that it is rolling code. My dad just got a 2002 model and can't get his programmed either. Is there a magic answer we're missing?

I followed this process and it worked fine on both our Audi A4 and Lexus RX330.

http://www.homelink.com/training/train.taf

I am having trouble programming the Homelink system in my RX300 (just acquired). I have followed the user manual instructions but it still doesn't work. I tried both the single code asnd the rolling code instructions.

I've followed the Lexus instructions and the Homelink instructions, and it just doesn't work on my RX300. Everything flashes & stops as it's supposed to, all the way up until the last step, and it just doesn't take. I've tried all three buttons, and I've tried it with the ignition key in every position. I gave up & put a remote in the console.

I wonder if the new generation garage openers don't work due to the new frequency. I just replaced one garage door opener and I can't use the same remote for both due to that fact. Could the Homelink have the same problem?

We just had new Chamberlain units put in 2 months ago and the Homelink worked fine ... it also worked with our Craftsman unit.

I had problems too and just kept repeating the procedure over and over again. After the 6th or 7th time it finally worked. I don't know what I did differently that last time but somehow it took. I've found, on previous cars, that the homelink instructions seem to be more effective...if they are any different than what is in the manual.

When I changed garage openers I could not get the first button to take to the new opener. It would clear but try as I might it would not link with the new opener. I changed to the middle button and it worked the first time I tried. Go figure. So I use the middle button now.

Jeff

Are you sure you're holding the button down long enough?

No, I'm not totally sure. I pushed the learn button on the opener and then the homelink button. Held it down, released it and then held it down again, release and held it down again. Is there a time or a 'signal;' that it took. I don't recall that in the instructions