Undercoating New Rx400h 2007

hi all, i got my 2007 rx400h in april and it has not been in the salt yet - but it is coming soon.

in cleveland ohio the salt can eat up a new car in 3-5 years - in the past i have gone with and without undercoating

without = rusted brake lines and calipers - gas tank rusted out - etc.

will undercoating void the warrenty ????? what is your advise and experience !!!!!!!

I recall that the last time Consumer Reports came out with an issue that contained undercoating advice, they stated that for car made during the last so many years (20?), undercoating not only doesn't do much good, but also may void certain parts of the vehicle manufacturer's warranty. Maybe someone who subscribes to their website can run a search on this?

Pertinent info from the CU site:

Ten Common Car-Buying Mistakes

8. Buying unnecessary extras.

Dealerships often try to sell you extras that boost their profit margin but are a waste of you money. They can include rustproofing, fabric protection, paint protectant, or VIN etching, in which the vehicle identification number is etched onto the windows to deter thieves. Don't accept those unnecessary services and fees. If you see those items on the bill of sale and you haven't agreed to them, simply cross them out and refuse to pay for them. Vehicle bodies are already coated to protect against rust. And recent CR reliability surveys show that rust is not a major problem with modern cars. You can treat upholstery and apply paint protectant yourself with good off-the-shelf products that cost only a few dollars. If you decide you want VIN etching, you can buy a kit to do it yourself for less than $25, instead of the $200 that some dealerships charge. Also think twice about an extended warranty. It can cost hundreds of dollars. But if you buy a model with good reliability or if you expect to have the vehicle only for five years or less, it often isn't worth the cost.