Outside Temp Sensor

trout

my daughter bumped someone in the rx, since then the temp display is just "- -" on the screen.

I looked and found what im assuming is the temp sensor just dangling in front of the airdam/grill area. It looks like it clips on somewhere but i can figure out where.

I guess the sensor is busted somehow and thats whay i get no reading from it. Any way to test it? Anyone know if it clips on to something at both ends? like i said, mines just hanging.

I can send you a video of where it clips if you need it. It clips just behind the bumper to the right of the opening in the lower part of the bumper. If it is not displaying the temp, the sensor is busted....you may look for one in a local junk yard....most of them do not wear out. Hope this helps. If you need some pics / video of where it connects, please let me know......tjmc11@hotmail.com

• 2 months later...

Looks like no posts for awhile.... is that a Positive sign?

I am picking up today my 2001 RX300 w/75K miles.

Before its delivered the dealr is pulling heads and snooping around. The car has a good maintenance history all at Lexus dealers, so we can see what has been done.

I'm hoping to dodge some of these issues by being proactive on Brake pad replacements and tranny maintenance, frequent oil changes.

I only need to get about 2 years outta this car, then I move on. Around here, justified or not, they hold value well. Not many things do.

Looks like no posts for awhile.... is that a Positive sign?

I am picking up today my 2001 RX300 w/75K miles.

Before its delivered the dealr is pulling heads and snooping around. The car has a good maintenance history all at Lexus dealers, so we can see what has been done.

I'm hoping to dodge some of these issues by being proactive on Brake pad replacements and tranny maintenance, frequent oil changes.

I only need to get about 2 years outta this car, then I move on. Around here, justified or not, they hold value well. Not many things do.

Your dealer is NOT pulling heads just to snoop around..!!

The V6 in the 2001 Model is subject to the engine sludge issue and you can bet that the factory is paying them to overhaul an engine that has/is exhibiting oil sludging.