Getting A New Gs 460

Hi everyone,

Im new to this forum so i apologize if anyone has ever started this thread.

I have taken recent interest in the GS class, as the interior looks really good and i really like it. I am thinking of getting a new GS 460 in within a month or so, but i have a few problems to consider. I have always researched about the car that i am going to buy, and i saw some interesting 'comments' made of the GS class such as people saying its not worth the money, or it having a lot of technical problems inside the car etc etc.

1. Is it worth it to get a GS for 65k?

2. Is the GS 460 ride comfy or hard? (too sporty)

3. Any of you think the GS exterior looks ugly?

4. Does lexus overcharge you (like MB does) for maintenance?

5. When is the production date of the new GS (in what year was it launched?)

I would greatly appreciate it if my doubts are answered. I really like this car, regardless of what people think about it, and i am only a step closer to getting my new GS!

Hi everyone,

I have taken recent interest in the GS class, as the interior looks really good and i really like it. I am thinking of getting a new GS 460 in within a month or so, but i have a few problems to consider. I have always researched about the car that i am going to buy, and i saw some interesting 'comments' made of the GS class such as people saying its not worth the money, or it having a lot of technical problems inside the car etc etc.

I would greatly appreciate it if my doubts are answered. I really like this car, regardless of what people think about it, and i am only a step closer to getting my new GS!

What is a GS460? I think you're confused about the models.

The 2008 models are a RWD GS 460, RWD GS 350 and AWD GS 350. Here is an excerpt from the Lexus website:

342-hp V8 (GS 460)

With a 342-horsepower [1], 4.6-liter V8 engine as well as direct and port injection, the GS 460 can go from 0 to 60 in a mere 5.4 seconds

So, they upped the model from the 4.3 liter to 4.6 liter engine.

sk31 - I can't speak for the ride of the 460 model as I have not driven it, but as for the GS exterior, I think it is a beautiful look. The lines are great, it has nice flair...and...if you ask me...it looks mean in the rear view mirror. I have had 3 Lexus automobiles and always go to the dealership for services. They seem to charge a fair price compared to other vehicles I have owned. In fact, because they suggest service work every 5000 miles instead of 3000, I believe they charge less in the long run.

The GS came out in it's current form in 2006. It had a completely different body style from 1998 (I believe) until 2005.

$65k is a big chunk of change, but, if you compare to a BMW 535xi twin turbo, it is approximately the same, and has more horsepower.

Hope that helps with your decision.

--Duckman

It looks like the 450h has more standard than the 460. I compared both of them on the website...and looked at the detailed specifications. Take Audio and Entertainment for instance, on the hybrid all but Mark Levinson and XM Radio were standard. On the 460, those were also optional, as well as 14 speakers and the increased wattage. Comfort and Convenience has more standard on the hybrid than on the 460.

So..it appears that you get more standard with they hybrid.

The only huge disparity I saw was the trunk space on the hybrid is significantly less (I would assume due to the hybrid batteries).

--Duckman

Hi everyone,

What is a GS460? I think you're confused about the models.

My bad. I was told we wouldn't have them til 09. We just got them in this week. I like the 450H better though.