"professional" Engine Cleaning On A Ls400?

90LS400Lexus

:rolleyes: I have good luck using a solution of 1-part Pinesol with 2-parts hot water in a spray bottle of garden sprayer. On a luke warm engineNOT HOT, spray the solution on, let it set for about 10-minutes then rinse with hose...don't spray it, just low pressure out of the hose. Of course you don't want to drown you electronic.

You can then wipe it down with a cotton rag. Makes your engine look great.

Also, have used GOOP hand cleaner on a rag to dress plastic covers and hoses.. This works well too!

Good Luck,

TexasBigDog

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone here ever personally cleaned the engine on their LS400? My old 1990 LS400 had a very clean engine, so it was never an issue, but the 1991 LS400 that I am in the process of likely purchasing on Tuesday has a rather dusty engine. Not greasy or anything, but dusty- which is good... I would rather not have a "freshly cleaned" engine, but after I get it, I do not want it to stay that way. I am hesitant about getting water on a later model engine, so thats why I am questioning this. Should I just leave it alone? I am wondering if the Lexus dealers offer special engine cleaning? If anyone cleaned it, I would prefer it to be them... does anyone agree? Any advice appreciated!

Bought a 1995 LS400 (Black on Black) with 131K. Engine was rather dusty and dirty. Every owner has their own views as to keeping an engine

clean. I'm one of those owners that like to have a clean engine so as to spot leaks and/or problems in the future. I wipe as much of the engine as I can with some clean rags and brush sludge with a soft toothbrush using Simple Green as a cleaner. Simple Green is a mild, non-toxic degreaser that does a great job. Then use WD-40 and Armor All to make it shine. I've done this procedure on about 10 ten cars and have never had a problem and get complimented by the mechanics who who see it.