Ipod Connection?

I have the basic Nav setup in my 07 GS350. Is there an adapter I can put in to be able to connect an IPOD? Any link would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have the same car, and there is no aux patch for the iPod!! Unbelievable huh? You will have to either use a tape adaptor, $20, or the lighter adaptor from iTunes, which is around $80. The tape adaptor works fine. Good Luck

TWalker

• 1 month later...

There are at least a couple of aux. cables that you can purchase to connect your ipod, directly. Most ipod displays will come over your radio/nav display as well. However, you must have the radio loosened/removed to get to the back to plug in the cable. I just bought one from Grom Audio (gromaudio.com, I think) for $87.99 including shipping. I'm about to install it in the next few days but am going to see if there is any radio removal expertise on this site before I do. Good luck

I have the basic Nav setup in my 07 GS350. Is there an adapter I can put in to be able to connect an IPOD? Any link would be appreciated.

Thanks

There are at least a couple of aux. cables that you can purchase to connect your ipod, directly. Most ipod displays will come over your radio/nav display as well. However, you must have the radio loosened/removed to get to the back to plug in the cable. I just bought one from Grom Audio (gromaudio.com, I think) for $87.99 including shipping. I'm about to install it in the next few days but am going to see if there is any radio removal expertise on this site before I do. Good luck

Thanks

That also depends on what gen your iPOD is. The new iPODs have some new chip in them that is making it not able to send video info thru non Apple hosts. I guess Apple is getting tired of all these other companies making money off thier iPOD.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

try www.viastech.com, i use their ipod connector it works great, every works great. Up to 99 playlists with 99 songs per playlist. All of the steering wheel controls work.

Thanks

Gmann,

Check out the link at the front of this forum title "DVD bypass is finally here!" It gives excellent directions on removing the radio. The directions are for the 2006 but you can take a look at the pictures and see if it matches up. Just a thought.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

I have the same car, and there is no aux patch for the iPod!! Unbelievable huh? You will have to either use a tape adaptor, $20, or the lighter adaptor from iTunes, which is around $80. The tape adaptor works fine. Good Luck

TWalker

The new SoundLinQ seems to be the best choice---check out the read on iCarKits.com

LWLexus