99' Es 300 Engine Problem

tazanet

Have you had such problems? First it started when I was accelerating from zero it was jerking, when stopped and gear is still in D, rpm kicks itself like it wants’ to take off with out pressing the gas pedal. It’s hard to brake. Symptoms come and go every 5 ~ 20 seconds when engine is hot. Sometimes when I press gas pedal engine idles on that level, usually 2.5, 3 rpm for couple of seconds, also I have experienced enormous power pressure loss every few sec when I drive on a highway. Engine light flashes and transmission doesn’t change to 3rd gear. I did disconnect battery few times to clear codes, I learned it works ok until light comes back usually 15 minute.

OBD Codes are P0300, P0302, P0304, P0306, P1354

I had tune up done but it didn’t help. Guy in AutoZone tells me timing belt could be misplaced but I had T.B. changed 15,000 mails ago. Bottom line is I took it to local shop and they didn’t find any possible cause, last thing they're going to replace ECU and see whats gonna happen.

• 1 year later...

Congradulations. The OCV was bad, By the way what kind of Oil do you use? I was wondering because Sludge could also cause that to fail.