Removing Factory Radio

JCJ1

Well worth $10 (price the last time I checked) for 24 hours of access to the Toyota / Lexus technical info at:

www.techinfo.toyota.com

You should be able to find the factory repair instructions. I downloaded all the repair instructions / schmatics, etc. for our 2006 LS 430 in less than 24 hours. However, you will have 1000's of small files to deal with.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the radio from the dash of 2002 LS430 UL? If there is a link somewhere on this site I haven't found it. Thanks!

here's a link to another forum site. it is for installation of a ipod/mp3 integration device, but explains how to remove the radio. let us know if this was helpful, i hate passing on bad info (i haven't pulled my radio out, but did do some of this in investigating other options for installs). http://www.luxuryjcars.com/forums/index.ph...223&hl=vais

be cool,

It's pretty easy to remove, actually. You start by removing the horizontal panel that houses the seat heater/cooler knobs and the rear sun shade button (and others on the Ultra). This just pries out with your fingers. If you open the little slide out drawer right above it, it makes it easier because you can get more leverage. The panel above that comes out after removing several screws. Same thing for the radio. The radio and CD changer come out as one unit. My only advice is to use towels to protect the wood on the center console and to make sure that the screws, once you remove them, don't fall down inside the dash.

Good luck!