A340e Vs. A350e Transmissions Mechanical Difference?

llama

A buddy of mine has a Grand Cherokee that originally came with a 45RFE (4 Speed Auto) transmission. The following year, the truck model had a 5-45RFE (5 speed auto). After doing some research, he read that the only difference between the two transmissions was ECU programming. So, he took it to the dealership and had the gear "added" via reprogramming the ECU. Nothing was added or subtracted from the drivetrain, just the programming was changed. After a little research on my own, I am wondering whether or not an sc300 ecu could be programmed to "add" an extra gear. I've searched through the forum to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions or comments?

Sae.org (A350) Abstract =>SAE Abstract

• 2 weeks later...

So what are you saying exactly? A Jeep Grand CHerokee transmission is compatible for swap into an Sc400?

That would be awesome if true as I just blew my tranny out again for the second time just today...I need a stronger replacement tranny swap asap!!!