Braking

torreto

I need somone to let me know if they have seen this before, when you apply the brakes the revers light in the dash cluster lights on and it feels like the car pops out of overdrive. you can feel the car shift down really hard if any one knows about this email at torreto15@hotmail.com

I need somone to let me know if they have seen this before, when you apply the brakes the revers light in the dash cluster lights on and it feels like the car pops out of overdrive. you can feel the car shift down really hard if any one knows about this email at torreto15@hotmail.com

Just to clarify you are talking about the letter 'R' being illuminated or are you talking about the orange light that shows a picture of the rear of the car?

Just to clarify you are talking about the letter 'R' being illuminated or are you talking about the orange light that shows a picture of the rear of the car?

Its the letter 'R' when i push the brakes it lights up and it feels like the car downshift real hard or pops out of o/d and i dont kow ig you would know but when i press the brakes the two center lights go out and the light to the plate goes out then when i put it in revers there no lights i have no clue....

Its the letter 'R' when i push the brakes it lights up and it feels like the car downshift real hard or pops out of o/d and i dont kow ig you would know but when i press the brakes the two center lights go out and the light to the plate goes out then when i put it in revers there no lights i have no clue....

The link the CUMAN provided looks pretty solid, I had never heard of this being an issue before myself.

Just fix the broken wires in the left trunk hinge. This is an e-x-t-r-e-m-l-y common problem and you will find lots of threads about fixing the broken wires in the left trunk hinge on this and other Lexus forums. It me only a few minutes to splice in wires in the left trunk hinge when the same problem happened on my 90 LS five or six years ago.