Recovery From Locking Up Navigation System

I have recently locked up my gen3 navigation system on my 2003 ES300, by hitting the US tab in the secret menu. I have have tried acessing the secret menu again to change this back and now I do not have access to this menu anymore to reset the system. Lexus is telling me that I am screwed and that I have to buy a 2000 dollar system to repair this issue. I refuse to believe that nobody has been able to come up with a fix for this. Lexus has a recovery disk but I am told it will not work for the gen 3 system. If anyone has access to the recovery disk I would like to try it. I believe this is a money thing for Lexus and they will make money by not helping with this. Is they anyone out there that can help me. I am sure that I am not the only one that has this problem.

I have recently locked up my gen3 navigation system on my 2003 ES300, by hitting the US tab in the secret menu. I have have tried acessing the secret menu again to change this back and now I do not have access to this menu anymore to reset the system. Lexus is telling me that I am screwed and that I have to buy a 2000 dollar system to repair this issue. I refuse to believe that nobody has been able to come up with a fix for this. Lexus has a recovery disk but I am told it will not work for the gen 3 system. If anyone has access to the recovery disk I would like to try it. I believe this is a money thing for Lexus and they will make money by not helping with this. Is they anyone out there that can help me. I am sure that I am not the only one that has this problem.

Good luck. The recovery disk is for GEN 4 only. Now you must accpet the consequences of your actions.

Good luck. The recovery disk is for GEN 4 only. Now you must accpet the consequences of your actions.

Nice thanks for your help you must be the navigation police maybe it would have been better if you had not replied at all. Thanks again and have a nice day. Also if you work for lexus they must be very proud. The only thing I did was access the menu on an operation system and make a mistake you make it sound like a broke laws therefore I must pay. You kind of help no one needs

yes i have a generation 3 recovery cd. i will pm you with info.

Nice thanks for your help you must be the navigation police maybe it would have been better if you had not replied at all. Thanks again and have a nice day. Also if you work for lexus they must be very proud. The only thing I did was access the menu on an operation system and make a mistake you make it sound like a broke laws therefore I must pay. You kind of help no one needs

I sincerely hope the rescue disc resolves your issue. I hold no malice towards you, but I am suprised by peoples reactions when they do something silly like select another country for their navigation system when they never have the intention of driving it in that country.

I sincerely hope the rescue disc resolves your issue. I hold no malice towards you, but I am suprised by peoples reactions when they do something silly like select another country for their navigation system when they never have the intention of driving it in that country.

My problem was that entered US I figured what harm could I do if I hit US and when I did it I also thought I would be able to go back so this is my crime

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being curious. In fact, I tried to see how my portable Garmin Nuvi would react when I programmed in an address in Puerto Rico, even though I had NO intentions of going there. :wacko: LOL

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being curious. In fact, I tried to see how my portable Garmin Nuvi would react when I programmed in an address in Puerto Rico, even though I had NO intentions of going there. :wacko: LOL

Just dont access a hidden menu that is not listed anywhere in the owners manual and select something that you dont know what it will do. That is like going to REGEDIT in Windows and delete a file and wonder why something doesn't work.

And I will let the old cliche about the cat stand on its own merit.

• 1 month later...

OK...another dummy here 2002 IS300 and I selected another country thinking I could judt undo it, after hours on the net the only thing I see that is a remote possibility is a guy on this board called TheT bought the $300 update 7.1 disc and that fixed his problem. Can anyone verify that this will work in my system? Or-is there a Gen 3 disc that will reset the thing?

(I've tried all of the unplug it, disconnect the yellow bat stuff)

• 2 weeks later...

yes i have a generation 3 recovery cd. i will pm you with info.

can i get the info too? my father's LS430 is not reading the disc now.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
OK...another dummy here 2002 IS300 and I selected another country thinking I could judt undo it, after hours on the net the only thing I see that is a remote possibility is a guy on this board called TheT bought the $300 update 7.1 disc and that fixed his problem. Can anyone verify that this will work in my system? Or-is there a Gen 3 disc that will reset the thing?

(I've tried all of the unplug it, disconnect the yellow bat stuff)

Hello,

I have done the same thing with the 2003 IS300. Tried unplugging power, tried to reset the main board on ECU reset button, but could not find. Can anyone send me the reset disc?

Thanks.

sanbashi112@yahoo.co.jp