Thank Lexus Owners Club Forum And Koons Gmc/buick Vienna, Va

Rogerm

Thank Lexus Owners Club Forum:

I recently purchased a 1999 RX300 and ... only then did I discover the Lexus Owners Club Forum.

I quickly learned about the infamous 1999 RX300 transmission problem.

As a result, I took extra precautions to insure that the drive train was in good condition

and warranty(s) were purchased and adheared to.

Also followed up on the Transmission fluid check, change and filter cleaning, flushing.

(I plan to have it serviced every 15,000 miles.)

I Had an Independent Lexus Dealer Used Car Inspection...

It determined that the engine and the rest of the car was in excellent condition except as noted.

As a result, I was able to request and receive from Koons GMC/Buick of Vienna, Va :

a) a new main seal -- $ 1,400

b) a total transmission rebuild - $ 3,400

Total saving of about $ 5,000

I was able to insure that the car's transmission is now in good condition and will keep it that way.

My hats off to all the knowlegeable Contributers to this Forum.

My hats off to Koons GMC Buick of Vienna, Va for standing behind their used cars and it's warranty and performing the work.

So far despite these startup used car problems, I really like this vehicle.

Roger Myers

It's nice to hear good new once in a while. :D

It is good news...The Club and it's Contributers provides a really terrific Service to us all.

The Lexus Owners Club contributers ... go to alot of work to find, know and type in valuable, useful information.

But we owners need to take action..and do alot of followup work.

I had to use the information and present it to the used car dealer in an honest, factual way along with my description of problems.

It did take the reasonable action to get the independent Lexus Dealer's inspection before I bought it. It costs me $ 130.

Also had to go out to Koons several times to get the problems documented and the service performed.

I did purchase an extended drive train 2 year warranty; that I may not have done if I had not read the Forum.

Although the work described here was covered under the Koons 60 day used car warranty.

Koons also took care of a tire with a nail in it. ( I had to get it balanced on my own.)

Koons is also checking out the Climate Control A/C & Heater issue.

Roger