First Wear Related Failure On The Es...

SW03ES

Well I've had the first wear related failure on the ES. I've had some big things done under warranty due to TSBs but the dealer found the rear main seal was leaking and needed to be replaced. $1,900.

Luckily I have the extended warranty! Turned out to be a good purchase there lol. At least it got some use, its only got 4k miles to go until it expires.

Oh well, my first wear related failure didn't occur until ~95k miles. Not too shabby,

my first major failure was a power steering pump replacement during the TB r/r. That added $700 to the bill.

The car goes in next Sat morning for a front suspension noise. I have ruled out sway bar bushings. It is either the stabilizer links or the strut mounts.

steviej

I am almost ashamed to say.

Took it to the dealership, road tested it and it didn't make a sound. It did for me on my way there, though. Figures.

Mechanic said he would give it a look over. I go up to the new lounge, have a muffin and capacino, check my emails in their computer room and ithin 30 minutes he was back with the car and said it was done/fixed. He showed me the nut on top of the strut, the huge one facing me clear as day under the hood. He put a socket on it and was able to tighten the left one 3/4 of a turn. That was enough to eliminate the slight rattle/clunk. He did say that the rest of the suspension was perfectly fine.

Best part was they didn't even charge me a thing.

steviej