Brake Light Goes On During Hard Turns

IlyaIlya

Hey, this just started happaning. During a hard turn or hard braking the light in the dash "brake" lights up then stops if I put in park and put in drive again, or just stops by itself.

I sprayed brakes with brake cleaner today, pressed manual brake few times today.

Hope I wont see it again.

Any reason it would go on?

thanks

Did you check the brake fluid level? You may have a small leak in the system. The fluid may just be right below the line and it takes the car cornering or braking hard to slosh it to one side or another inside the master cylinder and activate the sensor. If this is the case, I bet it does it on steep hills, too (not sure I'd want to be on any steep hills with leaking brakes, though!). I've also seen oil warning lights flicker on and off based on the same principle.

The other likelihood is what Zocks said. On my old Lincoln, if the sensor connection to the master cylinder or parking brake was faulty, it wouldn't complete the circuit and the lower resistance would trigger the warning lamp. I'm sure Lexus' warning system would be similar, at least on earlier vehicles.

.....'97 ES300....

Before you put in more brake fluid check all of the brake pads. As the pads wear down the fluid level in the reservior is drawn down to fill the "void" and you may need to replace the pads...

Brake pads are fine, fluid level is fine. I think only happens on hard left turn. Right turn did not do it. I am going to try checking the connection. I am guessing you guys mean the connection to the reservouir for brake fluid?

thanks for replies

just to be sure, make sure your brake reservoir is at the full line....i know you said it is good, but just make sure it is in fact there. I had a bmw that would loose clutch pressure during a hard left turn..turned out to be starvation...

lol I had same thing on my 92 eagle talon awd tsi . I think it was crankwalk . Even though people checked and never found anything wrong. It did not matter that much since it was mostly daily driven and drag race (straight line) car. I miss it ; (

ye i ll check level again and play with the connection. Thanks

good luck...oh yea, the starvation in my bimmer was because the brakes needed to be replaced.

bmw has wear sensors just like the sc300-400s do. get this, they only put wear sensors on the front left and right rear tires!! so here I am experiencing starvation with my clutch ( because clutch and brakes use the same fluid tank), only to find out the that the brake pads one the right front and left rear were almost gone!!! I would have never guessed if I didn't look, after all isn't that what "brake wear sensors" are for? Thanks bmw for not putting sensors on all four calipers.

Decided to go ahead and buy some brake fluid and add it even though it was at full line. To my surprise the reservoir allowed me to add some fluid to it and stay at full line. So I guess it was a little short . So far no light ;) Problem fixed.

thanks for advice.

good luck...oh yea, the starvation in my bimmer was because the brakes needed to be replaced.

bmw has wear sensors just like the sc300-400s do. get this, they only put wear sensors on the front left and right rear tires!! so here I am experiencing starvation with my clutch ( because clutch and brakes use the same fluid tank), only to find out the that the brake pads one the right front and left rear were almost gone!!! I would have never guessed if I didn't look, after all isn't that what "brake wear sensors" are for? Thanks bmw for not putting sensors on all four calipers.

Sensors are almost last resort and they fail too. With brakes I would have some one check them , or check your self as much as you can, because I think thats the main component and very very important. Dont rely on sensor to tell you they are bad.