Brake Swap From A Ls 400

caspergsx

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone know if i can swap brake calipers and rotors from a ls 400 , need to know , i know ls400 owners swap tt supra brakes , and we can swap tt brakes ,, but i can get the ls400 stuff for next to nothing

plenty SC owners have done this. I swapped my stocks out for some Supra TT calipers... be careful once they are on.. they will throw you threw the windshield

the LS calipers fit no prob!

I did not know supra brakes would fit my car. Is this true? What other swaps are possible for my 1990 LS 400. I do think an upgrade would be nice while I am going through the trouble of doing the front suspension this winter.

does anyone know if i can swap brake calipers and rotors from a ls 400 , need to know , i know ls400 owners swap tt supra brakes , and we can swap tt brakes ,, but i can get the ls400 stuff for next to nothing

plenty SC owners have done this. I swapped my stocks out for some Supra TT calipers... be careful once they are on.. they will throw you threw the windshield

I have seen a number of references to the Supra as a source of modification parts. What Supra years are we looking for?

the LS calipers fit no prob!

I did not know supra brakes would fit my car. Is this true? What other swaps are possible for my 1990 LS 400. I do think an upgrade would be nice while I am going through the trouble of doing the front suspension this winter.

LS400 95+ brakes is a good upgrade....

not to be rude but dont hijack my thread

im trying to find out about my sc400 swap to the 4pot ls 400

lextreme has plenty of infor for a ls ,, just do a google search for ls400 brake swap

Your first post mentioned ls400 to supra brakes as a common swap. Don't mention things in YOUR post if you do NOT want them discussed. :chairshot: :pirate::censored:

That way you won't have to waste your time whining later on. :cries:

oops sorry i thought i was on the sc300 sc400 side ,, talking about brakes swaps for a SC400 wait i was ,, dont be a donkey

we can all live in peace if we want too!!

You thought...

...now there's your problem.

Live in peace? You are from texas right? Iraq is very peaceful. Thanks.

Talking about brakes swaps?

Writing about brake swaps.

School is out.

That's funny, I tried to fit the front caliphers from my SC on my 94 LS. It didn't look like a direct fit one was bigger than the other.

Caspergsx:

I need to get rid of the front and rear brakes (minus the dust shields) from my SC. I believe they should be an exact fit. I can sell you the bunch relatively cheap if you're still interested.

Email @ ucf3loc@netscape.net

That's funny, I tried to fit the front caliphers from my SC on my 94 LS. It didn't look like a direct fit one was bigger than the other.

Caspergsx:

I need to get rid of the front and rear brakes (minus the dust shields) from my SC. I believe they should be an exact fit. I can sell you the bunch relatively cheap if you're still interested.

Email @ ucf3loc@netscape.net

That is just it. The direct swap is the 95+ LS calipers, and yes the caliper is larger. With this swap you need to change your rims. SC factory rims do not clear those calipers. A good fix most guys run are the Supra TT rims.

dam i can get a hold of some 94 ls calipers ,, so they are not a upgrade ,,what i need are the 95+

dam i dont want to buy rims also lol

i guess i will stick with the stockers for now

man you are in TX... you could probably find some Supra rims for about $500.(supraforums.com) You could get 95+LS calipers and rotor for under $300. Great upgrade they will throw you through the windshield. A must for future HP mods...