Turbo Or Supercharger

anthony300

ok I know alot and alittle on this subject so input will help me out. My is is my daily driver so I want to keep it that way but increase the power without going crazy. SO does anyone know of kits, websites and whatever other info I need,prices etc.

again thanks

anthony

There are several turbo kits available. there aren't any supercharger kits that I know of that use the modified ecu mapping in the 04 or 05 Is 300. there were some slight changes made. So you can find a couple of supercharger kits if they still make them for the 01-03 IS 300 only. Other than that, you will have to put all components together if you want one. Which isn't too bad, but the last time I made the mounting brackets for a supercharger there allways seemed to be an issue with the belts. We never fully resolved the issue to really know if it was the mounting brackets that were causing the problem or if the supercharger was having pully issues which kept causing the belt issues we were having. After talking to some others with centrifugal superchargers we thought maybe it was a problem inherent with the charger, but like I said, we never really found out for sure.

I parted mine together, but I know all the parts I need and where to get em. If your not familair with it all, then yeah, get a kit. SRT makes a good one, so does HKS and there are a few others. And yes, the kits will be in the 5k range.Remember, You get what you pay for.

There are both kits out there. Toyomoto, PFS (Peter Farrell Supercars) and Turbo East all had them when the car first came out. Everyone was using Greddy E-Mange for the fuel maps. The kits are LOUD and whinenie.

I would say go with a stage 1 or 2 Turbo Kit from PFS. Ray really has his stuff together there. You can google them.

You wallet and the sky is the limit with the Turbo. My buddy has a GT35R on his 2004 IS300 and has over 600RWHP. His car has been done by PFS. Much more than your probably looking to do though.

I did an install of a Turbo East stage 1 kit with a piggieback ecu and we always had heat issues. Do it once and do it right. Just my two cents.