2001 Ls Navigation Issue

srebo70

I have a 2001 LS430 and have replaced the DVD that was original with the 2005 version. Since then, I have had a Sirius Satellite radio installed. The FM modulator is located in the trunk by the Nav DVD system.

Since I have done both of these the Nav system will intermittently not work. Soemtimes when I go to enter an address or pick a POI all of the buttons become inactive (like when you are driving so you don't try to input anything). My dealer has replaced the entire Nav Dvd unit (when it was under warranty) but it is no longer under warranty. Has anyone else experienced this type of issue and if so, how has it been fixed?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2001 LS430 and have replaced the DVD that was original with the 2005 version. Since then, I have had a Sirius Satellite radio installed. The FM modulator is located in the trunk by the Nav DVD system.

Since I have done both of these the Nav system will intermittently not work. Soemtimes when I go to enter an address or pick a POI all of the buttons become inactive (like when you are driving so you don't try to input anything). My dealer has replaced the entire Nav Dvd unit (when it was under warranty) but it is no longer under warranty. Has anyone else experienced this type of issue and if so, how has it been fixed?

Thanks!

I have the exact same issue, same 01 LS430 with a 05 DVD with no mods. This weekend I'll be taking the unit out and cleaning the DVD to see if it helps. I'll also make sure it has a good mount and connections. I'll let you know how it goes.

• 5 months later...

Thanks!

Here's what I did to resolve this issue.

Took out the DVD, cleaned it with a good cloth. took the system out and retightened everything.

Only happened two times since then. Appears to be a dvd issue, possible dust is getting in there somehow and causing it not to spool properly at start-up