Rx300 Led Tail Lights

1BigDog2

:unsure: Hi all - I'm new to this (club and forum). I have a 2002 RX300 and replaced the OEM tail lights with LEDs. The brake lights work fine, but I have no lights at night. I put the original lights back on and have the same problem. The fuse is fine. Where do I look next to try and resolve this issue, before I go to the dealer?

Thanks for your help!

Do the side markers go on when you put the lights on?

Yes they do. This is a strange one.

There are three resistive nichrome wire links inside the bulb failure detection module mounted inside the driver's side rear quarter panel, about a foot forward of the cigar lighter socket. My guess is you "blew" the street/parking/corner light link somehow.

There are three resistive nichrome wire links inside the bulb failure detection module mounted inside the driver's side rear quarter panel, about a foot forward of the cigar lighter socket. My guess is you "blew" the street/parking/corner light link somehow.

Is this area easily accessible and repairable? I will try and look at it this evening. Thanks for the suggestion!

I cannot seem to locate these. Are they behind an inside panel?

Yes, behind the same panel the rear 12 volt source/cigar lighter.

Yes, behind the same panel the rear 12 volt source/cigar lighter.

I checked on two different modules I found behind the panel, They looked ok, but I decided to look behind the tailgate panel - 'cause I saw a similar mod there. Lo and behold that one showed evidence of damage. Now to find a shop that has one! I'll let you know if that was it.....