Lexus Gs 300 Idle Problem

i have a 99 gs 300 and nobody can figure out what is wrong with it. it idles at about 1600-1700 rpm for about 5 minutes or until the engine is completely warm, i have owner 2 other gs's one 98 and another 99 and neither of them idled this high on a start. even if the vehicle has been sitting for only a couple of hours it will idle that high. im all out of options even the dealer cannot figure anything out or maybe they dont want to bother, please help if anyone has any suggestions?

thank you

i have a 99 gs 300 and nobody can figure out what is wrong with it. it idles at about 1600-1700 rpm for about 5 minutes or until the engine is completely warm, i have owner 2 other gs's one 98 and another 99 and neither of them idled this high on a start. even if the vehicle has been sitting for only a couple of hours it will idle that high. im all out of options even the dealer cannot figure anything out or maybe they dont want to bother, please help if anyone has any suggestions?

thank you

99blkgs...i own a 2000 GS 300

thank you

99blkgs...i own a 2000 GS 300.. As of about two weeks ago i had noticed that on start-up my car was idling at around 1500 rpm until it was warmed also. my car is going in for its 60,000 mile overhaul tuneup (according to lexus) i plan on mentioning this problem to them along with some other "issues" with the car. when i hear back from them i will let u know what they say...if you find anything out please let me know....good luck... :cheers:

As far as I figured the high idle was normal, I have an 02 GS300 and it only idles high for a minute or two, like pretty much every car I own.

yea but does it idle at 1600-1700 rpm thats the question and does it do it everytime u leave the car off for a couple of hours?

• 7 months later...

thank you

Did you ever figure out why u have a high idle? I have a 02' gs 430 and it does the same thing. My old ls400 only went as high as 1100rpm when cold.

Thanks