Cassette Adapter Self Ejecting

StrykerPro

My 99 RX300 has a cassette player. I have been using a Panasonic cassette adapter hooked to my mp3 player for my tunes. Lately the adapter has taken to self ejecting. :cries: Sometimes it does it right away, sometimes after an hour or more. I think it is a generic issue with cassette players, the player in my bothers 98 blazer does the same thing. Only his never stays in. Any thoughts? Cleaning, demagnetizing? Do they even make cleaning cassettes and demagnetizers any more? Cheers! :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Take the adapter apart Look inside it's a little more complicated than you would think, just be careful to not let it fall apart it may be hard to figure out where everything goes.. Maybe the rubber friction wheel is wore out maybe the gears just need a lube. I use Vaseline. Preferably Vaseline Lip Therapy works best because it's a little thinner... Or you can use white lithium grease.. I brought my adapter to work and used it for the first time on a little boom box. The adapter was noisy as all heck. All I had to do was take it apart and lube it. I work at a medical clinic, all I could find was little packs of topical antibiotic that has a petroleum jelly base. It cured my problem.... :) Good Luck!.... Indi

My 99 RX300 has a cassette player. I have been using a Panasonic cassette adapter hooked to my mp3 player for my tunes. Lately the adapter has taken to self ejecting. :cries: Sometimes it does it right away, sometimes after an hour or more. I think it is a generic issue with cassette players, the player in my bothers 98 blazer does the same thing. Only his never stays in. Any thoughts? Cleaning, demagnetizing? Do they even make cleaning cassettes and demagnetizers any more? Cheers! :cheers:

I had the same problem. I think it matters which way you insert the tape. See if you adapter can be switch to where it can be inserted the opposite way. When I did that, it stopped ejecting.