Microphone Volume?

webimages

Here's a way to tell if the problem is your phone or your car:

Connect to your own (or temporarily borrow someone else's) Bluetooth headset. They never have a microphone volume switch, so connect using that headphone and call someone. Find out if the volume sounds OK, then do the same in the car.

The car should actually sound better.

Remember, the Lexus microphone is on the roof center console, so don't deliberately talk while looking down or out a side window.

Here's a way to tell if the problem is your phone or your car:

Connect to your own (or temporarily borrow someone else's) Bluetooth headset. They never have a microphone volume switch, so connect using that headphone and call someone. Find out if the volume sounds OK, then do the same in the car.

The car should actually sound better.

Remember, the Lexus microphone is on the roof center console, so don't deliberately talk while looking down or out a side window.

Thanks - - I'll try that....

Just looked, phone (Motorola RAZR) doesn't have a microphone volume setting either - - Like the Lexus only a speaker (or earphone) volume setting.

JohnJ

There just might be something to help the low phone volume. There is a service menu available via the nav screen. On it is a volume control setting for bluetooth. Not sure exactly what it does or how it works but even if it is something the owner can't do, maybe the dealer can. Do you have the Nav System in your car? If you do...let me know and I'll try and walk you thru to this screen.

• 2 months later...
When my wife makes a call from the car using bluetooth the volume on the receiving end is very low.

Is there an adjustment that will make the microphone in the cabin more sensitive?

Thanks

JohnJ

John,

If you're still having a problem, here's the fix. There is volume control for the microphone that is accessible through a hidden menu. First hold the "info" button (I did it for about 5 secs) then switch your parking light switch from off-to parking lights-repeatedly while still holding the info button....it takes about 4-5cycles...an poof the NAV screen enter yet another Service menu. From there I navigated to a bluetooth menu where I was able to adjust the Microphone volume higher so that people can hear me better! The factory setting is 0 but you can adjust up or down from 1 to 5. You will have to turn off your car to exit the hidden menu. At least that works for me on 2007 ES350.

When my wife makes a call from the car using bluetooth the volume on the receiving end is very low.

Is there an adjustment that will make the microphone in the cabin more sensitive?

Thanks

JohnJ

John,

If you're still having a problem, here's the fix. There is volume control for the microphone that is accessible through a hidden menu. First hold the "info" button (I did it for about 5 secs) then switch your parking light switch from off-to parking lights-repeatedly while still holding the info button....it takes about 4-5cycles...an poof the NAV screen enter yet another Service menu. From there I navigated to a bluetooth menu where I was able to adjust the Microphone volume higher so that people can hear me better! The factory setting is 0 but you can adjust up or down from 1 to 5. You will have to turn off your car to exit the hidden menu. At least that works for me on 2007 ES350.

I don't have that problem, but I was curious about that hidden menu. I tried it and it worked, too bad it was the only functional item in that hidden menu, all the others were diagnostic items, that I would not recommend anyone to mess with.

• 7 months later...

I saw the answer for the person who needed to adjust microphone sensitivity (flight light switch, press Info button).

Problem is, I do not have NAV. I talk loud and have my Verizon Palm Treo 700wx cell phone at full level, but people I call still complain they cannot hear me. The heater/AC fan is turned off and windows are up, too.

Any way to turn up microphone sensitivity on an ES 350 WITHOUT NAV?

Thanks

JohnJ

Hi John,

I asked the same question in these forums awhile ago and got the fix....i would search it here and find it...i did it like i said awhile ago...its worked and has been working fine since...i just can't remember how i did it. I do remember is was a combination of screen buttoms to get to a mircophone senitivity screen.

Good luck!

Cheers