Jdm Headlights

dpellet

Hi,

Anyone familiar with the conversion of 9004 to H4 (Celsior) headlights, I have a jdm set and would like to install on my us spec ls400 but the H4 set up is different. I do have the h4 plug in but am not sure how to wire it up.

Any assistance or a point in the right direction would be apprecited!!

CHeers!

In the past, I've used a 12 volt test light to determine the functions of each wire leading into the OEM headlight connector.

Sometimes I did a little experimenting. I've done it "both ways" with converting from non-H4 to H4. On some cars (e.g. Hondas) I have left the OEM connector in place and t-tapped into the wires leading to it, connecting the wires from the t-tap connectors to the new H4 plug. On other cars (e.g. Mercedes), I've removed the OEM headlight connector because the OEM connector was designed to plug into a U.S. spec Mercedes headlight housing and not directly into the bulb. But I have not done an H4 converson on a Lexus -- only on three Hondas, one Volvo, one Mercedes and on a variety of American cars of family members.

Here is a webpage which shows which shows the function of each spade on an H4 bulb: http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/tech/Te...nnector_Diagram

Here is another webpage which shows the function of the each terminal on both an H4 and a 9004 headlight connector:

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/Headlights.shtml