Trade-in With Aftermarket System?

Hello - I'm looking into getting a 2008 Lexus to replace my 2002. I've installed a pretty hefty multi-component system to replace the factory system. Is there any chance they'd take the car as a trade-in with the aftermarket stuff still installed? If so, would they factor the aftermarket stuff into the trade-in value so I can get some additional money for it?

Thanks very much,

Greg.

Hello - I'm looking into getting a 2008 Lexus to replace my 2002. I've installed a pretty hefty multi-component system to replace the factory system. Is there any chance they'd take the car as a trade-in with the aftermarket stuff still installed? If so, would they factor the aftermarket stuff into the trade-in value so I can get some additional money for it?

Thanks very much,

Greg.

walk around the dealers used car lot. there are no aftermarket systems in lexus dealers used cars. aftermarket systems lower the trade in value of the vehicle not improve it. if you accepted their low trade in offer the dealer would wholesale it. the wholesale buyer would immediately remove the after market system and replace with the proper factory system then reauction it for a profit. the aftermarket stereo dealers of course would never make this information available to thier buyers. think about it. would the next lexus buyer of your vehicle get service on your aftermarket system if it was having a problem cetainly not the lexus dealer.