Changing Interior Lights!

taunta henny

I'm a new owner of my "dream car" a 95 SC400! I need to change the bulbs in the footlight, Interior light and Door courtesy light, but the Owner's Manual says to take it to a dealer! This cannot be that difficult, but don't want to wreck anything, so any information would be appreciated. Hope it is as easy as popping off the cover! :)

taunta henny, The Interior light has a small indentation to the back left of the light fixture. Use your index finger and flashlight to locate, with a small flat head screw driver open the plastic light cover. As for the Door Lights they have 4 plastic snap in prongs a long the top/bottom ends of the plastic cover. Be careful with opening the plastic prongs, they can break off easily. I never changed the foot light bulb, if it's the florescent green light that comes on under the driver side. Here are some pictures.

scinteriorlights1.jpg

scinteriorlights2.jpg

taunta henny, The Interior light has a small indentation to the back left of the light fixture. Use your index finger and flashlight to locate, with a small flat head screw driver open the plastic light cover. As for the Door Lights they have 4 plastic snap in prongs a long the top/bottom ends of the plastic cover. Be careful with opening the plastic prongs, they can break off easily. I never changed the foot light bulb, if it's the florescent green light that comes on under the driver side. Here are some pictures.

scinteriorlights1.jpg

scinteriorlights2.jpg

Thanks for the reply, I plan to get his done today! I've learned alot about reading thru other discussion!