2007 Is250 Smartkey Access

I just had my Lexus personalized settings installed yesterday and the one thing I wanted to have changed is something "they don't know if they can do". . .

Basically, when I walk up to the driver’s door, I'd like ALL 4 doors to unlock, rather than just the driver’s door. Similar to when I walk up to the passenger door, all 4 doors unlock. They had this computer hooked up to it for a while and were unsuccessful at figuring it out.

Is this just not an option on the IS250? Or is my Lexus service department just dumb?

I just had my Lexus personalized settings installed yesterday and the one thing I wanted to have changed is something "they don't know if they can do". . .

Basically, when I walk up to the driver’s door, I'd like ALL 4 doors to unlock, rather than just the driver’s door. Similar to when I walk up to the passenger door, all 4 doors unlock. They had this computer hooked up to it for a while and were unsuccessful at figuring it out.

Is this just not an option on the IS250? Or is my Lexus service department just dumb?

Your service dept is just dumb.

That's totally amazing that the dealer is clueless on that one. Colby's right--that's one of the few LPS you can do yourself--it's right in the manual. For the dealer to scratch their heads is just unacceptable.

• 2 weeks later...

THEY ARE DUMBASSES.. I HAD MINE DONE FOR ALL 4 BECAUSE OF MY GF WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR. BEFORE I DROVE IT OFF THE LOT IT WAS DONE. I DONT KNOW IF ITS EXCULSIVE TO A 350, I WOULD LIKE TO THINK ITS NOT.. THAT WOULD BE LAME IF LEXUS OPERATED THAT WAY. THEY BETTER BE ABLE TO DO IT.

THEY ARE DUMBASSES.. I HAD MINE DONE FOR ALL 4 BECAUSE OF MY GF WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR. BEFORE I DROVE IT OFF THE LOT IT WAS DONE. I DONT KNOW IF ITS EXCULSIVE TO A 350, I WOULD LIKE TO THINK ITS NOT.. THAT WOULD BE LAME IF LEXUS OPERATED THAT WAY. THEY BETTER BE ABLE TO DO IT.

Try not to get too excited there man. It's only a discussion board. :D

• 8 months later...
Wow third forum i had to join to figure this out my girlfriend is thrilled she dosnt have to wait for me to open the door and hit unlock now and when shes happy im happy.

It's right in the manual.