Front Tire Vibration On Lexus Is250

Front Tire Vibration on Lexus IS250:

I am experiencing front tire vibration in my new IS250. I travel a lot for my job (40,000 - 50,000 / year) and I'm experiencing extreme tire vibration in my front tires.

Here are the facts:

-I have 30,000 miles on my car now

-I have Bridgestone Potenzas on my car

-Local Bridgestone dealers are blaming this on suspension(saying that cupping is occuring due to suspension)

-Lexus dealer is saying that tires should get approximately 15K miles before replacing

-the tread is good shape (plenty of tread on the tires)

-The majority of my miles are highway miles

-The tires are balanced properly

Let me know if anyone else is experiencing this.

Thanks for the input.

Is it a fast vibration or a slow and long rythmic vibration? My car has a long vooom......vooooom........voooom vibration/sound. The vibrations are about 1-2 seconds apart and the "voom" is about 1-2 seconds too. My dealer is blamining it on the tires too, but I only have 11,000 miles.

My vibration is definitely the tires. I just don't know if the car is causing the tires to vibrate or what .

I can only feel the vibration when I reach +45 MPH and it lasts until I drop below 45 MPH.

As mentioned before, the tire dealer is saying that the front tires are cupping due to the suspension, but I don't feel like Lexus would make a care that couldn't get at Least 20,000 miles out of a set of tires. There is plenty of tread on the tires that should last another 10 - 15,000 miles, but becuase of the vibration i am having to replace them.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. :wacko:

• 1 month later...
My vibration is definitely the tires. I just don't know if the car is causing the tires to vibrate or what .

I can only feel the vibration when I reach +45 MPH and it lasts until I drop below 45 MPH.

As mentioned before, the tire dealer is saying that the front tires are cupping due to the suspension, but I don't feel like Lexus would make a care that couldn't get at Least 20,000 miles out of a set of tires. There is plenty of tread on the tires that should last another 10 - 15,000 miles, but becuase of the vibration i am having to replace them.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. :wacko:

Yes, I am seeing the same issue. I drive a 2007 Lexus IS 250 with Bridgestone Potenzas. I have the 18" wheels. It started before 10K miles and has gradually gotten worse (vibration and the sound of a smal helicopter). I'm currently at 15K miles and it is very annoying. The dealership indicated today that the noise is definitely the tires and recommended Michelin Pilot tires ($1000-1200 for a set of 4). They point out that the car's user manual indicates that the high performance tire life may be significantly less than 15K miles. Looks like it will be an expensive ride...

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.:wacko:

Yes, I am seeing the same issue. I drive a 2007 Lexus IS 250 with Bridgestone Potenzas. I have the 18" wheels. It started before 10K miles and has gradually gotten worse (vibration and the sound of a smal helicopter). I'm currently at 15K miles and it is very annoying. The dealership indicated today that the noise is definitely the tires and recommended Michelin Pilot tires ($1000-1200 for a set of 4). They point out that the car's user manual indicates that the high performance tire life may be significantly less than 15K miles. Looks like it will be an expensive ride...

Is everyone here talking about the 2WD or AWD models? It sounds like the 2WD model because of the reference to 18" rims. Just curious. I have the AWD model with 17's but with less then 6k miles.

I believe that the IS user manual is refering to the 2006-07 models that were fitted with the Dunlop SP Sport 5000 tire. I have read that these tires would cup very badly in about 15k miles and need to be replaced. The tire compound is somewhat soft for an all-season tire and the wheel alignment of the IS (and many sporty cars) appears to be hard on tires. I hope that the Potenzas' for the AWD model don't need to be replaced at 15k but then again, there is no better feeling the a new set of tires! :rolleyes:

I had vibration on a Porsche at only 40K miles. Tire guy said cupping was causing the vibration, and to replace the worn shocks. Not believing him, I replaced all 4 tires and they cupped right away too. Later, replaced the shocks; problem went away.