New To Forum And Lexus... I Have A Question

tonytahoe

My wife and I recently upgraded her Camry for a 2007 ES 350. My wife's father had two Lexus' ('02 ES and '04 LS) and my wife had a heart and mind set on getting one. Although Lexus would not have been my first choice, I have to admit that this car is very nice. It is way more than I expected. It is a lot more than a "fancy Camry" as some would like to say. We have the Ruby Red Metallic with the tan/cream interior and the 10 spoke Graphite-polished wheels. This car looks awesome in the sun, especially since I have polished, glazed, and waxed it. Between the two of us we have figured out all of the features, but there is one thing I have yet to figure out; how do I get the windshield wipers up off of the windshield to clean the bottom of the windshield? Could someone please help me out with that. Thanks

My wife and I recently upgraded her Camry for a 2007 ES 350. My wife's father had two Lexus' ('02 ES and '04 LS) and my wife had a heart and mind set on getting one. Although Lexus would not have been my first choice, I have to admit that this car is very nice. It is way more than I expected. It is a lot more than a "fancy Camry" as some would like to say. We have the Ruby Red Metallic with the tan/cream interior and the 10 spoke Graphite-polished wheels. This car looks awesome in the sun, especially since I have polished, glazed, and waxed it. Between the two of us we have figured out all of the features, but there is one thing I have yet to figure out; how do I get the windshield wipers up off of the windshield to clean the bottom of the windshield? Could someone please help me out with that. Thanks

Turn the ignition off while the wipers at vertical, then you can lift them from the windshield and clean the entire windshield surface. Same thing when comes the time to replace the rubber wiping elements.

Actually, there are instructions in the manual about how to move the wiper arms up the windshield, about 4 inches or so, so that you can lift them to clean and/or change the blades.

When I first tried it seemed to take way too much pressure - you are using the passenger side wiper blade to this - and I finally decided to have the dealer show me first. I figured if I was wrong and it broke...they broke it. In the end it did just like the manual said and while I still think it takes a bit more pressure then I would like to get them to move, it does work.

BTW you start with the wipers in the parked position and there is no need to turn the ignition on or off to do this.

Actually, there are instructions in the manual about how to move the wiper arms up the windshield, about 4 inches or so, so that you can lift them to clean and/or change the blades.

When I first tried it seemed to take way too much pressure - you are using the passenger side wiper blade to this - and I finally decided to have the dealer show me first. I figured if I was wrong and it broke...they broke it. In the end it did just like the manual said and while I still think it takes a bit more pressure then I would like to get them to move, it does work.

BTW you start with the wipers in the parked position and there is no need to turn the ignition on or off to do this.

"...way too much pressure..."

"...they broke it."

No chance of that if you turn the ignition on and off.