Is300 New Owner

IS300 Rph

Hi everyone, just wanted to share the joy with fellow owners. Picked up a '04 IS300 with 34k miles. It was the car that I've always wanted when it first came out. Couldn't get myself to spend $30-35k on a new IS250 with less standard options and i found a near mint used IS for cheap, so I'm pretty happy so far. I'm keeping my '98 Civic as a daily commuter, so the IS will just be for fun.

Anything I should watch out for regarding the IS300?

Hi everyone, just wanted to share the joy with fellow owners. Picked up a '04 IS300 with 34k miles. It was the car that I've always wanted when it first came out. Couldn't get myself to spend $30-35k on a new IS250 with less standard options and i found a near mint used IS for cheap, so I'm pretty happy so far. I'm keeping my '98 Civic as a daily commuter, so the IS will just be for fun.

Welcome to the LOC!! Sounds like you got a good deal on a very nice car!!!!

Couldn't get myself to spend $30-35k on a new IS250 with less standard options and i found a near mint used IS for cheap, so I'm pretty happy so far.
I actually like the first generation better anyway. And the IS 300 is faster then the 250 stock.
I'm keeping my '98 Civic as a daily commuter, so the IS will just be for fun.
So are you going to be doing any drive improvements and mods?

Over obcessing, and police radar. B)

you should also watch out for falling rocks, deer, potholes, pedestrians (mainly old people), low water crossings, big trucks, black ice, giant orangutans, fecal matter, and of course the occasional sighting of dog the bounty hunter.....

....but with all seriousness aside.... welcome to the LOC!!!!!!

you bought an amazing machine!!!!

flop170

Well I plan on starting with an exhaust, leaning towards a tanabe or apexi N1, then some tie bars to stiffen up the body, and maybe some cross-drilled rotors and new brake pads/calibers as suspension upgrades. Maybe an AEM CAI. But that's pretty much it. Any suggestions/recommendations would be great.

Well I plan on starting with an exhaust, leaning towards a tanabe or apexi N1, then some tie bars to stiffen up the body, and maybe some cross-drilled rotors and new brake pads/calibers as suspension upgrades. Maybe an AEM CAI. But that's pretty much it. Any suggestions/recommendations would be great.

1382.gif Me? Have some sugestions? HHHmmmm,,

If you go with the Tenaba, get the medalion Hyper series, and if you go Apexi, get the GT class. (Although I have to tell you that the Apexi is kinda loud and I thought it had somewhat of that "ricey" sound. But some people really like that sound, and if that's the case then it's a great pipe.

Have you found some chassis bars you like yet?

Are you planning on getting a big brake kit? or stay with the stock size rotors? I guess I'm confused when you wrote brake pads/ calipers as suspension upgrades. Did you mean and suspension upgrades?

If you go with the Tenaba, get the medalion Hyper series, and if you go Apexi, get the GT class. (Although I have to tell you that the Apexi is kinda loud and I thought it had somewhat of that "ricey" sound. But some people really like that sound, and if that's the case then it's a great pipe.

Are you planning on getting a big brake kit? or stay with the stock size rotors? I guess I'm confused when you wrote brake pads/ calipers as suspension upgrades. Did you mean and suspension upgrades?

Yeah, sorry mistype. Plan on getting a big brake kit. Any onecan suggest one? Stillen? Stoptech? Brembo?

Yeah, sorry mistype. Plan on getting a big brake kit. Any onecan suggest one? Stillen? Stoptech? Brembo?

Yeah man, all three will you stop you quick. I like the Brembo's, but to be honest, all 3 will work great. Are you getting new rims?