Windshield Coating Damage

so I was driving and some object hit my windshield. I didn't crack the shield but it left a mark, seems like some kind coating is peeled off. (I was told that new lexus has water repelent coating on window, mine's 07 IS)

what would be the best thing to do? take it to window shop and let them fix it? or can i buff it out myself and apply some coating over that area? If so how?

I wasn't too happy because I haven't even had 5k service yet.

thanks

so I was driving and some object hit my windshield. I didn't crack the shield but it left a mark, seems like some kind coating is peeled off. (I was told that new lexus has water repelent coating on window, mine's 07 IS)

what would be the best thing to do? take it to window shop and let them fix it? or can i buff it out myself and apply some coating over that area? If so how?

thanks

the sad part is that will happen all the time. Unless you have glass coverage and pay zero, I would go to a glass repair person and they should fix like $25.

thanks

Never fails...

I had the wfie's MDX for the day... car was less than one week old, and I took a rock to the windshield.

It ended up with a nice 12" crack.

We had the widshield replaced and they scratched the dashboard while doing it. :censored:

It's way down where the sheild meets the dash, and the wife said it's no big deal, but I know it's there and it drives me crazy.

To add insult to injury, the windshield now has a 80 mph high-pitched whistle.

We had it replaced again and they can't seem to fix the problem.

Again, wife doesn't care and I gave up fighting for something everyone else said was no big deal. :cries:

If the windshield is chipped, it can be repaired for very low cost.

They fill it and harden it with some fancy-schmancy UV light... does a very nice job if they know what they're doing.

Here in MA, insurance includes windows.

To save money, they now require cracks to be longer than a dollar bill -or- the windshield must have more than 8 chips, in order for it to be replaced.

Otherwise, they're repaired with the above process.