Wont Start

The Big Bow Wow

well the only key i have right now is the key that is for making new keys i guess? the car had a blown radiator, i replaced the radiator, checked timing, and checked compression. car wont start though has fuel pressure also

i have the parts to change the timing belt and idlers and tensioner, plugs wires caps buttons, waterpump, and all fluids and filters, i just want to see if it will actually run before i dump 500 bucks worth of parts in it to find that it still doesnt work yanno?

could be your starter? mine just went out. does the car click? also try resetting the Alarm system by locking the doors, waiting until the light has started blinking then unlock the doors. If your Alarm ECU has detected a "break in" it will disable the starter.

the engine cranks it just wont fire, i called the local lexus dealership, they said without the key with the chip it wont fire up, the key i have is the key for unlocking doors in the event you lock your keys in the car

Such a feature wasn't in a 1990...at least not standard.

The key without the button is fine for opening the doors and starting the car...it won't open the trunk is all...it's a valet key.

Joe

I would start with easy things like.. Is the fuel pump running? If you spray starting fluid does it try to start..?

Cars are pretty easy if you step back and look at what it takes to start the car... fuel, spark, air, and of course compression

So all you really need to start is those 4 things.. Figure out which one you are missing..

i need a fuel pump. car runs great on ether. anyone know where i can get one cheap? local parts store wants 215 bucks :wacko:

Check the fuel filter. See if you're getting pressure at the filter. See if the filter is clogged.

In case you haven't messed with the fuel filter before, it can get very gassy. I recommend having a big bowl and something you can use to plug, or clamp, the hose with in case you have trouble getting the hose back on the filter. (Ask me why I recommend it. Better yet, don't.)

If no pressure, check that the pump is getting power...which also involves checking the relay, as recommended.

Joe