Check Vsc Light

I've had my IS 250 for not even a month and I was pulling into a parking spot and when I parked a check VSC light came on. There's less then 2500 miles on the car, and having in mind my first oil change is coming up; should I just make a trip to the dealership and have them look at it and get the oil change there too? I'm not sure on how much Lexus charges for there oil change. What do you all think?

I've had my IS 250 for not even a month and I was pulling into a parking spot and when I parked a check VSC light came on. There's less then 2500 miles on the car, and having in mind my first oil change is coming up; should I just make a trip to the dealership and have them look at it and get the oil change there too? I'm not sure on how much Lexus charges for there oil change. What do you all think?

5000 mi service is free. I'd call the dlr and ask if u can wait.

so I went to the lexus dealership today and let me start off by saying there was a badass lexus IS350 sitting out in front and I took some pictures of it.

6czguoo.jpg

2ujnndf.jpg

Anyways there ended up hopefully being a faulty sensor which they hopefully fixed. While I was there I also asked about some packages I knew about when buying the car that I may be interested in.

First off what do you all think of the Tire & Wheel Road Damage warranty? For $500 they're suppose to replace and wheels and tires when necessary for 50k miles/5 years.

And also they offer a $1000 package that's suppose to pay for any problems that arise during any of my scheduled maintenances as well as paying for the scheduled maintenances themselves, up to 50k miles. Is there a list somewhere on this web-site for all the prices of the scheduled maintenances that I could look at?

What do you all think of these two packages? For $1,500 I shouldn't have to pay for anything that goes wrong with my car till $50k miles (excluding oil changes and brakes); however, I'm not sure how much Lexus follows up on these deals and if they're really worth it. Any feedback please?

I have a 06 IS350 and my check VSC light came on when it hit around 25k miles. I brought it to the dealer and after they had the car for 2 days trying to figure out how to fix it, so they just replaced some computer and it was fine..... I hit 30k last week and the CHECK VSC light started coming back so i need to bring it in AGAIN and have them try to fix it AGAIN. Either way, its still covered under warranty so i didnt pay for anything, i just was without my car for a couple days but they gave me a loaner so it wasnt to bad. Its just a pain in the a$$ but they say when the VSC light comes on your ABS and traction control are disabled. Dont know how tru that is but thats what the lead tech there said. Hope this helps

• 3 years later...

this just happened to me earlier driving down the hwy. i have 63K miles and on the extended warranty. would Lexus cover the VSC issue if they find something wrong? or do you guys have any suggestions on what to do? also, would it be ok to take this to toyota? i live no where close to a Lexus dealership.

• 1 year later...

5000 mi service is free. I'd call the dlr and ask if u can wait.

I have a 06 IS350 and my check VSC light came on when it hit around 25k miles. I brought it to the dealer and after they had the car for 2 days trying to figure out how to fix it, so they just replaced some computer and it was fine..... I hit 30k last week and the CHECK VSC light started coming back so i need to bring it in AGAIN and have them try to fix it AGAIN. Either way, its still covered under warranty so i didnt pay for anything, i just was without my car for a couple days but they gave me a loaner so it wasnt to bad. Its just a pain in the a$$ but they say when the VSC light comes on your ABS and traction control are disabled. Dont know how tru that is but thats what the lead tech there said. Hope this helps

I have lexus is 250 2007 and had vsc light on so I went to dealer and replaced a/f sensor cost $631.00