Putting Aftermarket Audio System In My Ls400

17LexusOwner

I have a '91 LS400 and I have finally gotten tired enough of my old stereo system that I am gonna go in and get some subs, amp, and a deck. I had no trouble finding some good subs and a decent amp. The only problem I've run into is finding a deck/install kit that will work with my LS400 console.

I've talked to Best Buy and they told me that Scosche did not make any kind of install kits for LS400. Then I looked on the Scosche website and they did indeed only have kits for the IS, GS, and ES models. :(

Does anyone know of a company that supplies an install kit for an LS400's. And if there isn't one, how much would it normally cost to get one custom made for my dash. (anyone know a good shop for that in Minnesota?)

Thanks ahead of time for any input that is given.

Has anyone else added a system in their LS400?

If so would you be willing to give a tutorial on how to do it right. I have no experience in wiring it in, but would really like to learn. I'm lookin to do everything under the carpet and have my amp/subs in my trunk.

I don't really feel like paying Best Buy $360 to install it for me.

Any help is much appreciated.

Anyone?

It is very important that you or anyone else does not cut your wiring harness behind the head unit. Instead you need to buy a connector with your LS's stereo connector on one end and bare wires on the other end to be hooked up to your new head unit. I know someone who had an inexperienced shop damage the harness in his 1994 LS, the replacement cost for it is around $2500 plus labor. Sorry I cannot help you with stereo install instructions, maybe you want to try lexls.com.