Newbie: 04 Is 300 Sport

whulu42

Hi All,

I found a very clean 04 IS 300 Sport, 41,216 miles for around 20,000$, I'm still figuring out what I will offer. I want to be fair, but not pay for something I don't need to pay for.

The car has black exterior and a tan interior-very classy looking and very clean, save for the removable floor mats. The door panel swathes, above the door open handle are not suede. They are leather like. The actual seat cushion has perforated holes in it. Is this a full leather package that should be paid for as an option, or is this some kind of leather trim package, which is actually a high grade vinyl?

Thank you all. You've been most helpful in the past-especially "smooth". Hope you are well.

If I can get a good low price, I'm buying this one for sure.

Warmly,

Josh

Yes, you in fact are looking at the leather upgrade. New it was a $1350.00 upcharge. 04' with 41,000 miles? 20k?

That is a good deal.

I would look over the brakes and tires closely. If they need to be replaced then I would negotiate that off the price. If you can get that car for around 19.5k, snatch it up and run. Clean, low mileage IS 300's are hard to find. Even if you pay an extra grand, I would will drive away one sweet ride.

A couple things to look for also, Does it have the heated seats option?,,,,,2 postion memory seating?,,,,,and the flip open compartment on top of the dash?,,,,Also, when you pull the trunk release does it open the trunk lid most of the way? or just unlatches the trunk?,,,,,,Does the car have the spoiler?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, you in fact are looking at the leather upgrade. New it was a $1350.00 upcharge. 04' with 41,000 miles? 20k?

That is a good deal.

I would look over the brakes and tires closely. If they need to be replaced then I would negotiate that off the price. If you can get that car for around 19.5k, snatch it up and run. Clean, low mileage IS 300's are hard to find. Even if you pay an extra grand, I would will drive away one sweet ride.

A couple things to look for also, Does it have the heated seats option?,,,,,2 postion memory seating?,,,,,and the flip open compartment on top of the dash?,,,,Also, when you pull the trunk release does it open the trunk lid most of the way? or just unlatches the trunk?,,,,,,Does the car have the spoiler?

I had a "pre-certified diagnostic" done at Lexus ( I"m lucky and know the service Manager.) The only real issue they had with the car is that the lot I bought it from put on cheap brake pads.

04 IS 300 Sport 41k miles for 20K

-No heated seats

-Yes 2 memory seat postion

-Yes, flip compartment

-Yes, trunk open more than half way

-Yes, spoiler

I'm very happy with the car, plus the tech that did the inspection is hooking me up and being very nice. Second day the under-engine skirt got hit by something in the road and was hanging. My new friend took it off, secured the other parts of the skirt ( 4 part thing ) and hooked me up nicely with a new one. Got the master key. Can't wait to go back to the dealer and get the promised detail done tomorrow-for free.

I'm very happy with the whole situation. Save for gas mileage. My fist tank I'm

getting 15.3mpg, driving in 3rd with the E-shift and stomping on it on the freeway. It will be interesting to see what driving like granny does. Also my tire pressure was low at 25psi, I raised to 34psi.

Right on!!! Sounds like you got a good deal. The car sounds great, and your 20k was well spent. So what color is the car? Do we get a pic?

The air pressure is from the car sitting. No big deal, but important. And bro, I warned ya about the brakes. I would get some EBC greens on there before those cheap metallics ruin your rims. For gas mileage you should be getting around 20-22 mpg for all around. ( Hwy/city). Short funny story- I had to take my wife to Miami from Orlando (280 ish miles) to her mothers and drop her off, they were riding back together seperately. So driving down I averaged about 27-28 mpg. I drove 64 mph the whole way!!!!!!! On the way back however, I had fun with a few cars and pushed the pace, probably hit 100-105 a few times, maybe a little more for short distances, probably cruised at 85-90 most of the other times. ( Yeah, I know, I was just havin some fun.) Anyway, I used a whole tank of gas for the ride back. I think I got about 16-17 mpg. Uuhhgg!!

Anyway, good job, your patience really paid off. I think you got a much better car than that first one you were looking at !!!!!