Dealer Wants Your Nav Dvd Back

I put this thread here, mainly because it's the largest area, and therefore, it's likely the largest possibility of folks that may have factory NAV in their rides. Below is the main graphic out of an email the dealer sent us yesterday:

post-32883-1189313585_thumb.jpg

Puzzlng for the following reasons:

1) Why would they want the old version back (ie, rebate for its return)

2) Since it's not impossible to have a copy burned prior to its return, what's the dealer getting out of it.

My theory is its just a ploy to encourage customers to spend money for the upgrade that they might not otherwise be compeled to run out and buy. Anyone else get something like this either via snail mail or email?

I had the same question, but thought I'd also mention that the Version 6 DVD apparently (and probably this Version 7 DVD as well) will eliminate the lockout workarounds. Please see discussion established in some of the other threads if the lockout workarounds are important to you.

I had the same question, but thought I'd also mention that the Version 6 DVD apparently (and probably this Version 7 DVD as well) will eliminate the lockout workarounds. Please see discussion established in some of the other threads if the lockout workarounds are important to you.

They probably want it back from you for $40 so you won't sell it to someone else for $60!

Its the same reason they do mail in rebates instead of instant rebates, most people never mail them in. They can advertise a discount they won't have to give out to everyone because everyone doesn't have the 06 nav disc.

• 3 months later...
I put this thread here, mainly because it's the largest area, and therefore, it's likely the largest possibility of folks that may have factory NAV in their rides. Below is the main graphic out of an email the dealer sent us yesterday:

post-32883-1189313585_thumb.jpg

Puzzlng for the following reasons:

1) Why would they want the old version back (ie, rebate for its return)

2) Since it's not impossible to have a copy burned prior to its return, what's the dealer getting out of it.

My theory is its just a ploy to encourage customers to spend money for the upgrade that they might not otherwise be compeled to run out and buy. Anyone else get something like this either via snail mail or email?

The promo code is no more......it expired January 1st. 2008. :whistles: