I Dont Wanna Blow Up The Engine

well my smart !Removed! today decided to clean my throttle body and so i did. i took the intake assembly apart then all the hoses then all the bolts holding the throttle body in place and i removed the throttle body. while i was removing it i guess i spilled some engine coolant on top of the sparg plug wire and the sparg plug itself. after i cleand all the gunk from the throttle body i put everything back together without knowing and the car was idling at 2000rpm which surprised me i thought it was going to run perfect. i took it apart again cleaned all the spark plugs but it runs rough now and the idle needle keeps moving up and down. does anyone have any ideas whay my stupid !Removed! did to this car????? any suggestions would greatly help. thankxxxx

Well as far as the throttle body goes, you can just remove the big plastic hose inlet and use carb cleaner to clean out your throttle body..No need to remove it..

I would look to make sure you re-assembled it back together correctly...Check all the sensor connections too...No air leaks or detached hoses.. Lastly I would run the car and spray just the open end of the throttle body with STP carb cleaner and see if that helps... The car will want to stall when you remove the snorkel tube so maintain the idle manually...Spray and it will stall, repeat...Open the butterfly and spray that too....You won't blow your engine...

It sounds like you have a vacume leak or air leak...Check those tiny rubbber hoses...

Well as far as the throttle body goes, you can just remove the big plastic hose inlet and use carb cleaner to clean out your throttle body..No need to remove it..

I would look to make sure you re-assembled it back together correctly...Check all the sensor connections too...No air leaks or detached hoses.. Lastly I would run the car and spray just the open end of the throttle body with STP carb cleaner and see if that helps... The car will want to stall when you remove the snorkel tube so maintain the idle manually...Spray and it will stall, repeat...Open the butterfly and spray that too....You won't blow your engine...

It sounds like you have a vacume leak or air leak...Check those tiny rubbber hoses...

thank you appreciate ittttt

thank you appreciate ittttt

well i tried everything even the mechanic said he could not find why the car was idling real high for a few minutes when startin in the morning. im all out of ideas does anyone experience this same problem its drivin me insane nobody can figure out whats wrong and why it idles so high on the first start after a few hrs of being shut off????

This all happened just after you removed and then reinstalled the throttle body? None of these problems were occuring prior to the TB removal?

Wow, I don't know what to tell you...If you reinstalled everything correctly then just maybe you fouled the TPS sensor...The throttle position sensor... That could cause the idle to do funny things...

Do any check engine lights come on or anything? How does the car run after a while? Does the idle balance out after a while, or does it constantly run high? There is a warm up period where the ECU (engine computer unit) raises the Idle until the motor reaches a certain temperature...

Do any check engine lights come on or anything? How does the car run after a while? Does the idle balance out after a while, or does it constantly run high? There is a warm up period where the ECU (engine computer unit) raises the Idle until the motor reaches a certain temperature...

hey jibby

the car is a 99 i got 2 of them and they both idle at about 1600 rpm for like 3 minutes everytime u leave the car off for a few hours. i had a 98 that never did this it regulated itself right away as soon as u started it no matter what the weather outside. this did not happen when i took the throttle body apart but it has been doing it since i bought the car. i really dont know i mean i understand the warming up part but not for 3 like 3 minutes reving at 1600 kinda weird i dunt know but i think i will need to take it in to the dealer, funny thing is no check engine light and we pluged it in at my local mechanics shop and there was no codes for anything being wrong...

Could be when you removed the TB you jacked up the TPS - throttle position sensor...

A vacume leak would cause the idle to be low and maybe even stall the motor...Vacume leak or MAF problem maybe?

I don't know what to tell you...