Dont Actually Own A Lex, But Need Help Anyway

bleSId

hey guys as the title says, i dont actually own a lexus but my friend has one and it needs some help.......this may be common but after having some almost fatal(for the car) maintence done, it has acted very strange, when he stomps down on the gas after its hesitates(i know about the lex' tranny problems) and finally finds a "go" gear it sounds as though its backfiring and it might be, he keeps saying everything is to be blamed on a K&N typhoon intake, i on the other hand strongly disagree.

he bought it used and the only thing it has on it is:

K&N typhoon air intake(as stated above)

flowmaster exhaust

i was told it might have something to do with the car "relearning" how he drives

the fatal almost fatal maintenece was as he was driving home, the t-belt almost came off, and when he got to the mechanic, it pretty much shredded..........two weeks later he's still picking peices of the t-belt out of the engine bay

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks, bleSId

If he has a CAI and exhaust, then he needs to has a retune also. The ECU doesn't self adjust for the added air flow, so he's probably running lean. And that is also why it hesitates and seems to find the "go" later.

And what tranny problems?