Lowering My Car

jondao08

I'd like to lower my car an inch and was wondering if it would be ok to simply change the springs. I've heard other people say how their springs have broken for some reason since they didn't change some other things involved with the car's suspension? I'm not sure what they meant by that and I don't know much about cars either. If anyone can explain this to me I'd appreciate it a lot. Oh, and does anyone know some really good brands for springs or any other parts that are necessary for lowering your car. Thanks a lot!

generally speaking, the reason springs break is because they buy cheap springs that aren't matched to the suspension components or their set up very well. Most people lower their cars for the look, but afterwards realize how much better their car handles also, so then they push the car harder and don't realize that they originally lowered it for looks, and not performance. So the springs they chose become the incorrect application, and when they break, it's the springs fault.

If you want to lower your car, Eibach puts out a very good set of springs for the IS 300.Other good names are Teniko and Tenabe. But if you want performance capabilities as well, then coilovers are the only way to go. Tein, Greddy, Teniko. Very nice stuff.

generally speaking, the reason springs break is because they buy cheap springs that aren't matched to the suspension components or their set up very well. Most people lower their cars for the look, but afterwards realize how much better their car handles also, so then they push the car harder and don't realize that they originally lowered it for looks, and not performance. So the springs they chose become the incorrect application, and when they break, it's the springs fault.

If you want to lower your car, Eibach puts out a very good set of springs for the IS 300.Other good names are Teniko and Tenabe. But if you want performance capabilities as well, then coilovers are the only way to go. Tein, Greddy, Teniko. Very nice stuff.

Thanks a lot. In terms of "pushing the car," everyday driving and a little aggresiveness every once in a while with just the springs should be fine, right?