Should I Wait For Es 350?

firstone

Hello Newbie Here

I have a offer in writing (e-mail) from Lexus dealer on new ES 350s..........mulitple cars at same price to choose from.

MSRP $39,472 my cost $36,472 which is 7.6% off MSRP

This is my second attempt to deal with Lexus dealer and I was surprised because a long time ago when I looked at Lexus 400, MSRP was selling price.

I got this price July 21 long before "The Event" summer sale going on now.

Is there a release date for the 2008. Any one know if the new model year will be discounted a lot less than what I have been offerred?

Appreciate any input on price.

Thanks

firstone

Hello Newbie Here

I have a offer in writing (e-mail) from Lexus dealer on new ES 350s..........mulitple cars at same price to choose from.

This is my second attempt to deal with Lexus dealer and I was surprised because a long time ago when I looked at Lexus 400, MSRP was selling price.

Is there a release date for the 2008. Any one know if the new model year will be discounted a lot less than what I have been offerred?

Thanks

firstone

The release date for the '08 ES350 will be sometime in September. Naturally, the discounted price will be closer to the MSRP than a new leftover '07.

Hello Newbie Here

Thanks

firstone

You don't say what options (invoice on an ES is middle $29K) Options obviously can increase that greatly

Hello Newbie Here

Thanks

firstone

You don't say what options (invoice on an ES is middle $29K) Options obviously can increase that greatly

I don't typically wory about what options are on a car. Most dealers buy a model in 3 or 4 configurations. I find the car with the most of the equipment I want and then ask for my cost on the car. The only other way to order out a car with the specific equipment I want but it is too late in model year to do that.

For example On a ES 350 with MRSP of $41,822 I was offerred a 7.70 discount from MSRP

On another ES350 with a MSRP of $37,387 I was offerred a discount of 6.64% discount from MSRP

You can see the trend here is the higher MSRP the bigger the discount

This method give me a good idea of what I would pay for any other ES 350 on the lot.

Isn't this a easy way to judge a good price.

Thanks for you help

Hello Newbie Here

Thanks

firstone

I don't typically wory about what options are on a car. Most dealers buy a model in 3 or 4 configurations. I find the car with the most of the equipment I want and then ask for my cost on the car. The only other way to order out a car with the specific equipment I want but it is too late in model year to do that.

For example On a ES 350 with MRSP of $41,822 I was offerred a 7.70 discount from MSRP

On another ES350 with a MSRP of $37,387 I was offerred a discount of 6.64% discount from MSRP

You can see the trend here is the higher MSRP the bigger the discount

This method give me a good idea of what I would pay for any other ES 350 on the lot.

Isn't this a easy way to judge a good price.

Thanks for you help

I concider you folks lucky. Canadian invoice price on the C package (nav, pano roof, rims) is $51,000.00. I paid $52,500 (list is $54,600) and got a bug deflector thrown in. Service sounds about the same as the US thought. About $95.00 an hour. I feel raped compared to some of your pricing.

Hello Newbie Here

Thanks

firstone

The release date for the '08 ES350 will be sometime in September. Naturally, the discounted price will be closer to the MSRP than a new leftover '07.

I just helped my dad get a 2008 ES350 with Premium Plus/NAV and other options today for $37,500 (11.6% discount off MSRP). MSRP was $42,421. At frist we wanted a 2007 model but none of the local dealers had the color/option combo we wanted. So we managed to get a 2008 that had just arrived a few days ago to the dealer (it still had all the plastic on the seats and no one had test driven yet). I think we got a great deal on this car considering it's a 2008 model. What do you guys think?

I just helped my dad get a 2008 ES350 with Premium Plus/NAV and other options today for $37,500 (11.6% discount off MSRP). MSRP was $42,421. At frist we wanted a 2007 model but none of the local dealers had the color/option combo we wanted. So we managed to get a 2008 that had just arrived a few days ago to the dealer (it still had all the plastic on the seats and no one had test driven yet). I think we got a great deal on this car considering it's a 2008 model. What do you guys think?

I think you made a great deal! You can't do much better than that. :cheers:

Hello Newbie Here

Thanks

firstone

That is an amazing price especially on a 2008. Consumer Report Car Buying Kit states the dealer discount from Lexus is 13.9%. Your deal at 11.6% leaves the dealer with a profit of 2.3% of the MSRP of $42,421 or $975.68. I don't see why a dealer would sell at that low profit margin.

Did you take their finance or maintinence package?

One company in my city own both Lexus dealerships and I wouldn't be surprised if they also own the dealership in nearby city 70 miles away. Deals like yours don't exist here or I would guess a lot of places.

Good work!

Hello Newbie Here

Thanks

firstone

That is an amazing price especially on a 2008. Consumer Report Car Buying Kit states the dealer discount from Lexus is 13.9%. Your deal at 11.6% leaves the dealer with a profit of 2.3% of the MSRP of $42,421 or $975.68. I don't see why a dealer would sell at that low profit margin.

One company in my city own both Lexus dealerships and I wouldn't be surprised if they also own the dealership in nearby city 70 miles away. Deals like yours don't exist here or I would guess a lot of places.

Good work!

My dad did lease his car through Lexus Financial Services. Money factor was rather high but then again it's always been a bit high on the 07 ES350 as well.

Hello Newbie Here

Thanks

firstone

Good work!

My dad did lease his car through Lexus Financial Services. Money factor was rather high but then again it's always been a bit high on the 07 ES350 as well.

Aha ...this is a lease not a purchase that might make some difference as to how good your deal really is.

Can you tell me what the interest rate is?

The old adage "you can pay me now or pay me later" might apply here.

I never lease anything. A lease can be pretty expensive. I keep my cars more than 5 years. I take very good care of them and can usually sell them to a friend for about midpoint between KBB retail and a private sale price. Not having a car to trade in makes the next new car purchase very easy.

Tom

You have to keep in mind that these deals are very locally and situationally driven. A deal you can get on one particular car in a particular area can't be compared to the deal you would get on a different car in a different area, even the same car.

Just do your homework, shop around. Fair market value for the car will become apparent when you start talking to multiple dealers and they're aware they're in competition for your business. Comparing the deal I get in MD, and the deal you get in TX is pointless.