Fixed My Pioneer 6-dish Cd Changer

qha_vn

my CD changer recently failed to play some CDs, sometimes it can play, sometimes it can not when I tried to change from 1 dish to another. sometimes i could not get the cartridge out of the changer.

i removed the changer, disassembled it the finally managed to identify and fix the problem. it was becasue of some worn teeth in the mechanism that actually moves the dishes in and out of the CD optical head. I put a plastic strip in between the back of the worn teeth and the steel pole

dont really have enough time to write up a tutor, but if someone has the same issue and want to fix by himself, i will try to post some more pix up

pic 1 shows where the plastic strip is, i use AB adhesive to position it there

pic 2 is after the electric motor is put in

pic 3 everthing is in place

enjoy

post-37789-1188041169_thumb.jpg

post-37789-1188041185_thumb.jpg

post-37789-1188041204_thumb.jpg

my cd changer might have the same problem, but it doesn't read cd, err appears on display, any suggestions?

my CD changer recently failed to play some CDs, sometimes it can play, sometimes it can not when I tried to change from 1 dish to another. sometimes i could not get the cartridge out of the changer.

i removed the changer, disassembled it the finally managed to identify and fix the problem. it was becasue of some worn teeth in the mechanism that actually moves the dishes in and out of the CD optical head. I put a plastic strip in between the back of the worn teeth and the steel pole

dont really have enough time to write up a tutor, but if someone has the same issue and want to fix by himself, i will try to post some more pix up

pic 1 shows where the plastic strip is, i use AB adhesive to position it there

pic 2 is after the electric motor is put in

pic 3 everthing is in place

enjoy

first thing, mine is 1990 ls400 pioneer cd changer, make sure you have the same or at least similar

if you have the same as mine then

can you eject the cd cartridge? and when you get err message on the cd player display say on dish 1 can you select dish 2? (you may get same "err" message, but this will ensure you have had the saem problem as mine

• 1 month later...
first thing, mine is 1990 ls400 pioneer cd changer, make sure you have the same or at least similar

can you eject the cd cartridge? and when you get err message on the cd player display say on dish 1 can you select dish 2? (you may get same "err" message, but this will ensure you have had the saem problem as mine

I think i have the same problems as yours. I took the CD changer out and dismantle everything putside but can't get into inside. if you have more pics to show every step, that wil be highly appreciated.

I think i have the same problems as yours. I took the CD changer out and dismantle everything putside but can't get into inside. if you have more pics to show every step, that wil be highly appreciated.

I removed and dismantled everything and foud nothing wrong with it. put back on but stull not work. Err displays...eject ok, scan disc from 1 to 6 ok, just don;t play cd but display err.

cd magazine easy to malfunction? any suggestions?

in yr case, there would be no issue with the changer machanism since it can still scan the discs. have you cleaned the lense?

I was trying to clean it with brush cleaning cd, seems cd doesn't run, no rotation....thought maybe cd head problem. can do nothing about it. that;s also why i asked how to clean the cd head in anothr thread... frustrated...thx anyway. at least i tried though proble still there...