99' Gs 300 Trunk

I bought my 99' GS 300 from a family friend and was wondering when I push the trunk key or even pull the trunk lever inside the car, should this make the trunk pop open? Right now, it just unlocks it and I have to actually push the trunk up to open. It does not pop all the way open so I can just throw a bag inside...should it be able to do this?

Thanks for the help

I bought my 99' GS 300 from a family friend and was wondering when I push the trunk key or even pull the trunk lever inside the car, should this make the trunk pop open? Right now, it just unlocks it and I have to actually push the trunk up to open. It does not pop all the way open so I can just throw a bag inside...should it be able to do this?

Thanks for the help

I also wonder the same... the flip side of the trunk not opening on its own is that it seems to close like dead weight falling. Is this normal behavior, or are the springs in the hinges weak/worn out?

:wacko:

• 5 months later...

Let me know if anyone needs helps with this still. I notice that the post is from last year...I just corrected my trunk last night. Very simple process. I can send instructions and maybe some pics. Email me if you need help still..... jpeterson10@live.com

Let me know if anyone needs helps with this still. I notice that the post is from last year...I just corrected my trunk last night. Very simple process. I can send instructions and maybe some pics. Email me if you need help still..... jpeterson10@live.com

Post the instructions/pic's here so other members can use the info, TIA :cheers: