GS300 Performance numbers

Does anyone have an ET's from modified 98+ GS300s? I am looking for some mods to do, but I don't know if they are worth the money for the performance gains, or if I should save my money and live with it the way it is. I am especially curious about how much quicker the car is with a turbo kit, or even just a torque converter, etc. Thanks!

A good turbo kit will cost you about 5 grand and you'll be looking at about anywhere from 300-350hp at the rearwheels... That's about double than what your putting out right now... As for a TC it's a must for a I6 because it'll pull from the line just like if you had a V8... I have a TC in my garage waiting till spring for me to install it when the Turbo goes in...

I'm from Milford, you? The only turbo kit I've seen is the SRT Stage 1 for $3995, which claims 345hp at the flywheel. That's actually pretty inexpensive for the gain. OTOH, the cheapest torque converter I found was $995, which is pretty steep. I'm curious what kind of 1/4 mile numbers the car could run with this type of HP.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you ever consider a F-Max Turbo Kit? I have one on my GS3 and it's wonderful. There's about 370hp going to the wheels.  :D

How can that be??? You say there's 370hp at the rear wheels right now and you only got +150hp from the kit.... What were the dyno numbers for you before you put the turbo in?? Did you even dyno it?? Becuase a bone stock GS3 makes about 170 at the rear wheels.... Also do you have any pics of the install??? I'm about the put in a Stage 3 SRT Turbo in and I'm going to be pushing about 370hp at the rear wheels too... But if you do the math you got about 200 at the wheels and somewhere around 275 to 300 at the crank from your F-Max Turbo...

• 7 months later...