Mark Levinson 5.1 Surround?

We just bought a 2004 RX 330 with Nav and Mark Levinson audio, but no rear entertainment system.

With the ML system, it includes a center speaker on the dash right above the head unit. I assumed that this meant that the system would have 5.1 surround sound, but I haven't heard any sound out of the center channel speaker yet. If I have a CD with 5.1 audio and drop it in the 6 disch changer, will the ML system deliver 5.1 sound?

I guess the reason that I ask is b/c we just haven't been overly impressed by the Mark Levinson system. I own a 2007 Camry with JBL and it blows the ML system away...especially when it comes to base. It's as if there is no subwoofer at all. Does anyone else feel the same? Maybe ML got better in later models?

I'd appreciate any and all input.

We just bought a 2004 RX 330 with Nav and Mark Levinson audio, but no rear entertainment system.

With the ML system, it includes a center speaker on the dash right above the head unit. I assumed that this meant that the system would have 5.1 surround sound, but I haven't heard any sound out of the center channel speaker yet. If I have a CD with 5.1 audio and drop it in the 6 disch changer, will the ML system deliver 5.1 sound?

I guess the reason that I ask is b/c we just haven't been overly impressed by the Mark Levinson system. I own a 2007 Camry with JBL and it blows the ML system away...especially when it comes to base. It's as if there is no subwoofer at all. Does anyone else feel the same? Maybe ML got better in later models?

I'd appreciate any and all input.

Ok, the only standard options on that year RX was AM/FM, and CD changer. Everything above that was a step option. In other words you can get the DVD player as a sole upgrade, the second row control units as a sole upgrade, the subwoofer as a sole upgrade etc.etc.

So, what upgraded options did your RX come with?

And BTW, yeah, ML systems are not noted for their bass capabilities. I tend to think the whole ML thing is a little overrated. But that's opinion.